Food Review: Hakata Ikkousha Ramen at Chimes Singapore

6/19/2019

Are you a Japanese Ramen lover? We recently celebrated my husband's birthday with a simple birthday lunch as requested, we decided to re-visit Hakata Ikkousha. Our first visit was a year back in 2018 when he randomly asked if I want to check this place out.

He is not a ramen lover so I was quite surprised that he requested us to re-visit this place out. I'm definitely happy to oblige to his request as I remembered the atmosphere there to be quiet, warm and cozy. Moreover, my tummy is always craving for Japanese food. I always tell my husband not to worry about bringing me to any Japanese Restaurants as there is surely something I can eat.

It wasn't crowded as we went on a weekday even though it was lunch time. The area is generally quiet which is perfect for couples who prefer somewhere peaceful compared to a crowded mall.



Checking out the menu to see if there are any new dishes. But it seems like they are still selling the same ramen and side dishes. We were trying really hard to recall what we had ordered a year back but seems like both of us cannot remember, hence I've decided to document it on my blog this round. That's what my blog is meant for! To document memories and experiences.

There are order sheets on the table available in different languages, so you can indicate your order and pass it directly to the waitress. What is also unique about this place is that you can customize your bowl of ramen according to your preference.

♡ Noodles (Soft, Normal, Hard, Very Hard)
♡ Saltiness (Light, Normal)
♡ Extra Toppings (Flavored egg, Cha Shu, Vegetables, Seaweed, Bamboo Shoots, Spring Onion & Black Fungus)
♡ Add on Special Toppings (Cha Shu + Flavored Egg)
♡ Add on extra noodles




My order! Ended up with the Tontkotsu Special ( Hard Noodles, lightly salted) $16.50, after my husband's strong push that I need the extra collagen boost. The thing about collagen broths is that they are rich but can get rather oily and you'll get "Gelat" after drinking the broth for awhile. The highlight of this bowl of noodles is the thinly sliced generous slices of Tontkotsu and the soft boiled egg. Oh so yummy! I love pork!

You are advised to go for the less salted broth because even for this it is considered quite salty for me. The hard noodles tasted good as it had a QQ chewy texture. We didn't try the other textures thou.



Oh, did I forget to share that they also have free flow of hard boiled eggs (these are non flavored) for you to enjoy along with their ginger and pickles? We had fun trying to balance the eggs on the tables before we finally indulge in them as we wait for our ramen to arrive.

Are you not curious about my husband's order? Let's see...



My husband ordered the God Fire Ramen $14 with a spiciness level of 2 I think. The previous round he ordered a level of 1 so it was mild. I tried the broth finding it light and the spiciness bearable. Not till the extend that it will send you gulping down your glass of water but enough to feel the "spiciness".  He will be attempting the next level if we do visit this place again. By the way, his ramen did not come with any boiled egg but I have ordered the Special Toppings (Cha Shu + Flavored Egg) for him.



We also ordered an additional Gyoza dish to share. This dish is at $5, meaning it cost us about $1 per piece. They tasted great and its worthy of our money for sure! So you must try their Gyoza when you're there.

In all, we enjoyed our lunch date and find the ramen acceptable. The bill came up to $46.50 (inclusive of GST) which is quite acceptable considered that we ordered extra dishes.

For more information, check them out on their facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/hakataikkousha.singapore

Hakata Ikkousha Ramen

30 Victoria Street #01-07
Chimes
Singapore 187996


For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:
Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, and sponsorship opportunities, please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com.

Disclaimer:

1)We paid for the lunch ourselves.
2)This article is solely based on our personal experience. It is in no way sponsored. 
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024