My first Blog Meet SG Event at Pure Yoga

8/26/2015

I was very privileged to be invited to Blog Meet SG Event for an evening of Jivamuti Yoga at Pure Yoga by Lucy founder of Blog Meet SG. I was initially worried about breaking my good old bones and developing symptoms of aching arms and bodies before I accepted the invitation. But I was glad, I overcome my fear and accepted the invitation, bearing in mind that it will be a session worth the while because I get the opportunity to make more blogger friends and network during the event.


The signature #BlogMeetSG signage at the table awaiting us.




In the Yoga Studio. Each yoga mat lies a bottle of Young Living, Pure Essential Oil in Peppermint which is awaiting for us to discover its benefits.


 
Do you know:
 
Peppermint Essential Oil 

-Helps to relieve headache when rub on the temples. 
-You may place 1 drop in hot water to make a peppermint tea out of it, to help indigestion and soothe your tummy.
-You may inhale it when you are feeling dizzy or nauseous.
-You can apply on the bottom of your feet to reduce fever.
-You can apply on location for ease of muscular aches and pain. 

-You can diffuse it to improve focus and concentration.
-You can place one drop in water and inhale to relieve sinus and headache.

Yoga Tip:
You may place 1 drop and gently rub your palms with the peppermint essential oil, inhale it gently to increase your focusing power. The scent feels very refreshing and makes you more alert.

If you are doing Yoga at home, you may place a drop in the diffuser and inhale it as you practice too.

That was how we used the essential Oil during our yoga session.



Meeting our instructor Kristine K and assistant Azmi for the evening and hearing an opening from Lucy about what we should be expecting.

 

Photo credits: Lucy


Photo credits: Lucy

 
Photo credits: Lucy

Do you know that Pure Yoga is the only studio in Singapore that offers Jivamukti Yoga?



Photo credits: Lucy 

Jivamukti Yoga is grounded in the original meaning of the Sanskrit word asana as “seat, connection” - relationship to the Earth. Earth implies all of life. Citing Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, which states that asana should be sthira and sukham, Jivamukti Yoga maintains that one’s relationship to others (asana) should be mutually beneficial and come from a consistent (sthira) place of joy and happiness (sukham). This is a radical idea that, when put into practice, can dismantle our present culture, which is based on the notion that the Earth and all other animals exist for our benefit and to be exploited for our own selfish purposes. So the practice of asana becomes more than mere physical exercise to keep one’s body fit or to increase strength or flexibility; it becomes a way to improve one’s relationship to all others and thus lead to enlightenment - the dissolution of the sense of separateness, the realization of the oneness of being, the discovery of lasting happiness.

Credits: http://jivamuktiyoga.com/about/philosophy


Although it was my first time doing Yoga, and with a group of 30 bloggers. It was an awesome experience having my muscles loosen, spirits lifted and mind off stress for at least that hour when I indulge and concentrate fully in the class.


 

Photo credits: Lucy

 
The table of healthy snacks and what was left after I came out of the changing rooms. 


 

Especially loved the Coco Water infused with Mango. It was refreshing and appropriate for hydration after the session of Yoga. There is a recent craze of Coco Water in Singapore, so I was glad to be able to try this one out and I hope to get a chance to try out Coco water from other brands as well.



Special thanks to all the sponsors who sponsored us items in the goodie bag.
Spot: Katharos Organics, Suii Naturals and Essential Oil Remedies.



Katharos Organics

Face and Body Exfoliant
This luxurious exfoliant is made up of rosemary and almond shells, and is a great 2-in-1 product! After exfoliation, simply brush off the almond shells instead of washing them and voila! Your skin is soft and moisturized! I particularly like to use it on my hands to remove stubborn dead skin cells for instantly soft, smooth hands.

Face & Body Milk
A light, non- greasy moisturizer that leaves your skin soft, smooth and refreshed without a surface residue. This versatile moisturizer also doubles as a makeup primer and a light makeup remover.

Antioxidant Serum
This is the firming treatment for your face, neck, bust and décolleté with natural defense against premature aging that helps assist cell regeneration. Harness the power of 12 potent antioxidants including - Pure Organic Aloe Vera, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil,Avocado Oil, Borage Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Carrot Oil, Vitamin E, Wheat Germ, Hyssop, Rose and Neroli. 


 

Artisan Lipstick from Suii Naturals in SG Red


Lipstick from Suii Naturals are made from only natural ingredients such as shea butter, argan oil, and other essential Oils. 


Products are free from harmful chemicals, petroleum, perfume, synthetic dyes and preservatives.





I was quite pleased with my SG Red. It doesn't look as red as it is when you look at the shade itself but it does brighten up my lips!

Being slightly luckier that evening, I was chosen as the Winner of the lucky draw which I got to choose an apparel of my choice from Pure Yoga Apparels. So here I present to you my pick!



 Photo Credits: Lucy



Do you like my choice of apparel ? Check out Pure Apparels located within Pure Yoga itself or simply make your purchases online. Thank you Pure Yoga Apparel and team for shopping with me giving valuable opinions, sponsoring the luck draw prize and Blog Meet SG for this lovely suit.

The team had coincidentally chosen the same top as the one I had chosen when shopping with Tracy and Honey. Thanks for being with me as well.

I have chosen something that matches my character and a more versatile "suit" so that I can wear them when I am out exercising and not being restricted to only Yoga. They are so comfortable, stretchable and has the slimming effect on me due to its black colour. 


Thank you Pure Yoga for the 7 day complimentary pass to their studios.

Can't wait for the next Blog Meet SG event happening tonight! Hope to get a chance to chat with those whom I haven't got a chance to chat with and if you are going, do come and say hi okay, I am shy in real life but I promise you I don't bite. :)


Cheers,
Pearly


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fantastic. The blog post is really wonderful and I would like to read more. yoga instructor course thailand

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024