Spicy Thai Thai Cafe introduces new Thai Style Dishes

12/05/2016

You probably have heard me rave about the food from Spicy Thai Thai Cafe on my previous blog entry. I have been recommending this place to my friends ever since. People staying within the Aljunid area is so lucky because there are so many good food. Looks like I've really gotta explore this area more.

DSCF1056.JPG

This time round back at Spicy Thai Thai Cafe , I am being re-invited back to try their new Thai Style Dishes, this is so timely to cure my Thai food cravings. I haven't eaten any good Thai food for quite some time already.
dscf1036
Kaeng Som Cha Om
Kaeng Som Cha Om 泰式野菜煎蛋辣汤 $18
Friends who knows me well knows that other than Japanese food, my next favourite  choice will always be Thai food. I am a big fan of tom yam soup. This Kaeng Som Cha Om is a Thai styled tom yam soup. I love the spicy sour flavor accompanied with fried egg with dill in the soup which came as a surprise. It almost felt like eating a pot of hot fish soup with fried eggs in them.
dscf1039
Thai Sambal Sea Bass
Thai Sambal Sea Bass 泰式阿毵鲈鱼 is charged by a Seasonal Price
This deep fried sambal sea bass is the table's favourite as everyone kept reaching for more. Don't be misled by the amount of sambal (chill paste) that is on the fish. It is not as spicy as you think it is. I simply love the crispy texture of the fish and believe me, I can finish the fish all alone. Think about barbecue fish, this is similar to it.
dscf1046
Thai Fried Chilli Fish Head
Thai Fried Chilli Fish Head 泰式炒辣椒鱼头 $28
I love fish head but it is difficult to find fried fish head on a dish by itself other than fish head steamboat . This was my favourite dish of the night. Be warned thou cause this fried fish can be too spicy for some people. I love its crispness and spiciness so for me it was the deal. Can I have some more please?
Other than the above new Thai dishes, one can also find Thai-Chinese dishes within the cafe.
dscf1049
Cold Tofu with Special Thai Seafood Sauce
Cold Tofu with Special Thai Seafood Sauce 泰式海鲜酱汁冷豆腐 $15
This is ordinary steam tofu made not ordinary because of the special thai seafood sauce. Those who wants something simpler to go with their rice can give this dish a try. Who knows tofu can taste so flavorful when coupled with the right sauce?
dscf1044
Stir-Fry Broccoli with Scallops
Stir-Fry Broccoli with Scallops  干贝炒西兰花 $20
For every kid that dislike vegetable, somehow they would enjoy Broccoli. I am not sure if it is the same as yours. Do however, give this Broccoli with Scallops a try as the scallops are so yummy that I just wanna keep popping them into my mouth.
dscf1065
Stir-Fry Cabbage with Thai Sweet Fish Sauce
Stir-Fry Cabbage with Thai Sweet Fish Sauce 泰式鱼卤炒包菜 $10
The cabbage tasted so sweet by itself. If you are a fan of cabbage you would know that typically the stems of cabbage are so tough. This however is not as tough as the ordinary ones as they originates from Beijing. The simple Thai sweet fish sauce did however bring out the sweetness in the cabbage. You should really try this for yourself.
dscf1066
Jade Noodles
Jade Noodles 泰式翡翠面 $6 (shown above is for 3 pax)
The jade noodles reminds me of the morning breakfast fried noodles that we have. The colour is a little frightening but it is tasty on its own and has a nice chewy texture to it. Those who do not wish to order rice can opt for the jade noodles. Let's not forget about the charsiew slices that comes it it. They are so good on their own too.

Other than those, who also had Lala (Clams) Behoon , BBQ Pork Belly and Deep Fried Kang Kong with special sauce. You can read my previous blog review on this if you wish to know my thoughts on them.
img-20161129-wa0018
Photo Credits: Shuqing
Last but not least, a photo with the girl gang. Thanks for the chat and catch-up, appreciate it always.
Thank you Spicy Thai-Thai Cafe for extending the food invitation and having us.

Spicy Thai- Thai Cafe:
Blk 115 Aljunid Ave 2. #01-35,
Singapore 380115

Disclaimer: This food review is honest and based on personal experience. No monetary reward is received for the review. I was invited back to a food tasting at Spicy Thai-Thai Cafe.

P.s: This article is also published in pearlywerkz.wordpress.com by the same author.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024