Reflection Organics Make-up Review

2/15/2017

What are my thoughts after trying out the organic make-up which I had received from Reflections? Let us first take a look at the products.

9

a5
♥︎ Mineral Eye Shadow in Pink Garnet
There are a total of 16 natural, blendable shades available.

These mineral eye shadow are very wearable and long-lasting color. A tiny bit is all you need and you can blend them lightly over your eye lids. Adding more mineral powder would create a stronger look. By the way, these shades can be customised by blending with foundation or mixing with lip colors.

a7

Instructions for Use:
Load up the bristles with shadow powder, tap off the excess, and gently press shadow onto your eyelids. This helps to prevent powder fallout from the brush tip.

I don't usually like mineral make-up, and true enough I didn't like the shadow powder when I used it for the first time as I find the look I had created was too strong and heavy  (suits a night look more than a day look). I did not expect the shadow powder to be so pigmented.

Hence, I tried to reduce the amount of the powder to half of what I've used the second time I put them on, and was amazed that it worked for me for the day look.

The trick is to apply only a little of the powder, dust off the excess and blend on your lids, adding more of them if you need the pigment to be stronger. Don't be greedy and pick up too much of these as you will find your eyes over done. You only need a tiny little bit of it as these powders are really pigmented, they lasted a full day for me and i love its beautiful shade. You can also use this as a base colour and add on more colours if you like.

Ingredients:
Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Retinyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)
Next up is the...

a2
♥︎ Camouflage Cream in Au Naturel
88% Organic | Gluten-Free | Vegan | Cruelty-Free
This Makeup is beneficial for your skin as it is rich in Vitamin E, contains organic coconut, cocoa seed butter, castor seed, and jojoba seed oil, this hydrating concealer heals and nourishes skin while keeping it flawlessly dewy. It is available in five natural shades.

Instructions for Use:
Apply on targeted areas, let product sit on skin for a few seconds, then gently blend it into skin with fingertips. The warmth from your fingers will work with the natural oils to melt the product into the skin for a flawless finish.

I tried to use a brush to pick up the product and find myself struggling to dig it out. The cream is quite dry and impossible to pick up. I have to dig my brush through it. I find it difficult to blend on my skin too and it did not provide enough coverage other than around the under eye and tiny spots. For major spots, and reddish skin areas, it did not really work for me. Therefore, it is recommended that you pick it up with your fingers and work it in your skin slowly.

Ingredients:
*Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, *Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, May contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tocopherol , *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract.(*Certified Organic)
Last but not least...

a3

♥︎Lip Glaze  - Roasted Cherry
90% Organic | Gluten-Free | Vegan | Cruelty-Free
Drench your lips with this delectable collection that is infused with certified organic, antioxidant-rich botanical extracts, essential oils and pigments. This rich blend of shea butter and coconut oil delivers lasting hydration and superior shine without the stickiness.
Available in 14 luscious shades.

a4

Instructions for Use:
Use on its own or over Lip Butter.
I liked this lip glaze on its own as its smells delicious and feels moisturizing enough. It has a deep purple shade which is a trendy shade and fits into my normal look. A little goes a long way, you do not have to use too much of the product unless you want a strong purple lip look. I tried it for the first time and find myself too gothic.

The second time I used a thin layer and liked how it looked but it did not last as most of it were "eaten" away by me as I went on a food trail. I guess I have to find the right balance, but overall I quite liked the lip glaze in terms of its moisturizing factor and colour pay off .

Ingredients:

*Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil,*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Kaolin, *Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Butter), *Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Powder, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), *Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, *Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Vanilla Planifolia. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499) (CI 77491), (CI 77492). (*Certified Organic)
a8

Here is my final look with the 3 make-up products and some of my own and I hope you will like it. :)
I hope the review of the 3 products had been useful for you. Thank you Reflection Organics for giving the products. I am looking forward to try out the rest of your products.

Find out more about Reflection Organics on their social media:

FB:Reflections Organics Facebook
Web: Reflections Organics Website
IG: Reflections Organics Instagram

Do comment and share with me below how you find this look and what other brands of Organic make-up have you used before.

Disclaimer: I am reviewing the products which I received during the Reflection Organics Event. Thank you for having me at the event. All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz. Please do not take them as your own. Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize them.

*This article is first published on pearlywerkz.wordpress.com by the same author.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! all natural cosmetics

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024