Facial Review: Fire and Ice Peel by Sozo Aesthetic Clinic

8/28/2018

It's time for my monthly facial regime at Sozo Aesthetic Clinic again! Dr Justin and his team had been taking care of my skin very well, in terms of the quick facials offered by the clinic. So far I have tried the very popular Hydra Facial which is used to maintain my sensitive skin giving it a deep cleanse and maintaining the hydration levels on my face.


As I stepped into his clinic, this round I felt a little upsetting as his new staff asked me if I was "new" in the clinic after providing my name and telling them that I have an appointment that day. This is my 3rd time re-visiting the clinic, so I definitely wasn't expecting this to happen. I also informed them that I had received a reminder call only 1-2 days before for my appointment, so how could they had lost my records within such a short span of time? Their senior staff kept apologising to me after saying that they might had registered my details in a rush during the 1st visit (NOT TRUE), because I wasn't asked to register myself again for the 2nd time.



Anyway, after re-registering myself and meeting Dr Justin for a quick facial consultation. This round, because my skin condition had improved so much with less congested pores, cleaner face and lesser acne outbreaks. We decided that we could now forgo the hydra facial, as I no longer need the extraction and to do some other treatment in replacement.

As the sharp eyed Dr Justin (using only his naked eye) spotted some irking acnes along my chin. He suggested that we could do the Fire and Ice Peel. Sounding just like any other chemical peel, I raised the red flag and cautioned Dr Justin that I CANNOT do peels, especially when it comes to using fruit enzymes. Dr Justin however assured me that though there is a risk when it comes to trying out new facials, this Fire and Ice peel offered by his clinic is a very gentle, delicate, yet effective peel. In fact, he promised me that this peel is more gentle than the typical fruit enzyme peel.

About Fire and Ice Chemical Peel (For skin brightening effects)


The fire and ice chemical peel can be a chemical peel by itself, however it is often being combined with the hydra facial as a 2nd step for facial maintenance. Some people also do it within a 2 weeks interval for their face maintenance. It all depends on the individual's needs. Such a treatment at Sozo Aesthetics Clinic typically will cost you about $120 onwards.

Benefits of Chemical Peel

- Rejuvenate dull skin
- Improve mild pigmentation issues
- Reduce Acne occurrence
- Even skin textures and lighten existing scars



As with all the regular facials, a make-up cleanse off takes place and my face was completely removed of any remaining traces of make-up before the chemical peel takes place. Dr Justin mentioned that all chemical peels are largely similar in terms of their procedures and benefits. The only difference comes with the type of products being used by different clinics. So, the choice of products being used during chemical peeling is very important. 

You'll also notice that there is totally no machines used in the chemical peeling process although it can also be combined as a treatment with hydro facial, or used in a step with the pico lazer treatment.



A layer of chemical peeling products is being applied on my face with very precise time calculation customised according to the patience's skin sensitivity. This product makes my face feel hot, the "Fire" element in the Fire and Ice Peel, and it does gives me a strange stinging sensation when applied. I also realised that the stinging sensation gets stronger on the areas of my face which are prone to eczema outbreaks.



My face is being gently massaged and the layer of cream was removed before the 2nd element "Ice" takes place. Another layer of the peeling cream was being applied on my face and I can now feel my face being cooled down. Its almost like an expand, and contract concept where my face experience heat in a moment, and being cooled down the next. For those trying this treatment for the first time, you may find this experience a little scary as your face undergoes the temperature change.



The result.. is astonishing. My face was immediately glowing, brightened and my face also feel very cleansed. Dr Justin mentioned that the Fire and Ice chemical peel helps shorten the skin renewing process so my face will get even better within the next few days. True to his words, the brightening effect lasted for quite a good period until I see new acne starts popping out on my forehead. 



Couldn't help taking an OOTD shot with the full length mirror before I head off back to work! Have you tried any facials at Sozo Aesthetic Clinic yet? Share with me your favourite facial so that I can try too!


For more information about SOZO Aesthetic Clinic:


Location:

1 Raffles Place, #05-12/13
One Raffles Place (Shopping Mall)
Singapore 048616

Tel:

6935 1811

Hours:

Mon - Fri : 10AM - 8PM
Sat: 10-3PM
Sun & PH: Closed





Do check out their Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/sozo.aesthetic/

Follow them on their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sozo.aesthetic/

Read more about them and their treatments available on their website: https://sozoclinic.sg/






Disclaimer:

Thank you Dr Justin Boey, and all your nurse who attended to me when I was at Sozo Aesthetic Clinic. This review is 100% honest and based on personal experience. All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited. Please do not take them as your own. Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize them. Please also refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024