Facial Treatment Review: My first Lutronic Pico Laser with Sozo Aesthetics Clinic

9/26/2018




The long awaited day had finally arrived! Can you imagine my excitement when Dr Justin of Sozo Aesthetic Clinic finally felt that my face was ready for the Pico Laser treatment? He had been maintaining my face for several months now in preparation of my "big day", with the various type of facial offerings in his aesthetic clinic. You can read about them in my previous entries. His aesthetic clinic offers facials which are quick and safe, making it suitable for people who lead a busy lifestyle.

He also made me felt assured when I visit the clinic as he would access my face before we begin any new treatments. This is why I choose to stick with him despite having many other choices. We always have a consultation prior to having any facial or treatment and he keeps in mind of my skin condition.


[Read: Fire and Ice Peel by Sozo Aesthetics Clinic]
[Read: Hydra Facial at Sozo Aesthetics Clinic]

It had been my wish all these while to remove these stubborn freckles and pigmentation on my face, but Dr Justin wanted to find out how my face would react to various treatments and maintain them properly before we jumped straight into the treatment. After all, I have a very sensitive skin unlike others. Speaking of which, I am really thankful to Dr Justin and team for doing a good job since day 1. My skin now felt better and is in a stable condition ever since I've decided to stick with Sozo Aesthetics Clinic for all my facial and aesthetic needs.

According to Dr Justin, Pico Laser is much more effective than other traditional types of laser and it generates lesser heat per shot. Despite that, it is still powerful enough to shatter my skin's pigmentation into smaller fragments which are then removed by the body's immune system. This process may take days, therefore many often question the effectiveness of laser treatments.

This treatment is effective in the removal of Melasma, Freckles, Solar Lentigo, Hori's Nevus and other issues such as post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.



Looking at my photo you probably know why I need to do Pico Laser. The pigmentation are concentrated on my nose and cheeks areas and I don't agree that they look cute at all. These are mostly genetic and some are formed due to prolong sun exposure and lack of application of sunblock. I only started using sunblock several years back.


This procedure was amazingly fast and safe. It took Dr Justin only about 10 minutes or so, to complete it, after my face was cleansed and a pair of safety goggles was placed on my eyes. The shining of the laser onto my skin had a tiny bit of prickly feeling. Other than that, there was no burning sensation, heat or pain, partly because Dr Justin had adjusted the settings to a mild one since it was my first time trying out Pico Laser. He will be increasing the setting over the next few sessions. The nurse then assist to apply some skin calming cream and sunblock for me and we are done. Dr Justin also passed me a serum sample for my pimple. Thank you for being so thoughtful.




The Pico Laser treatment is unlike a facial where you would see instant result, as the pigmentation takes time to break down and be removed by your body. Some people may also witness an immediate pinkish glow on their face like a blush.

Such a procedure will also require you more than 1 session, so be mentally and financially prepared for at least 4-6 sessions to be completely cleared of your pigmentation. Each of these pico laser sessions will cost you from $180 onwards. Depending on your skin's issue, you may require more or lesser sessions.

Results should be quite permanent depending on the severity of your skin issues and how you maintain your skin with proper skincare and a proper sunblock. I am however, unable to review at this moment because its only my first session and its way too early to judge.

I am happy with my first session of Pico Laser, although I have not witness much changes to my pigmentation issues. My skin seems clearer and brighter thou. The photo above was taken 1 week post the Pico Laser treatment but don't go staring into my face now. You are however, encouraged to follow my IG for latest updates and snippets of my life.



For more information on the Lutronic PicoPlus Laser, do check out:
https://sozoclinic.sg/skin/pigmentation/lutronic-picoplus/



For more information about SOZO Aesthetic Clinic:



Location:


1 Raffles Place, #05-12/13
One Raffles Place (Shopping Mall)
Singapore 048616


Tel:

6935 1811


Hours:

Mon - Fri : 10AM - 8PM
Sat: 10-3PM
Sun & PH: Closed



Do check out their Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/sozo.aesthetic/
Follow them on their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sozo.aesthetic/
Read more about them and their treatments available on their website: https://sozoclinic.sg/



Disclaimer:


Thank you Dr Justin Boey for being thoughtful, your advices when I am stranded in aesthetic dilemmas and providing me with care  whenever I am at Sozo Aesthetic Clinic. This review is 100% honest and based on personal experience. All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited. Please do not take them as your own. Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize them. Please also refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024