Product Review: Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser

1/07/2019

Have you already heard about Althea's brand new Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser? My house is stashed with Althea house brand products and so far every single one of them works quite well, especially the skincare products. I am so excited and I can't wait to try out their new release which is their make-up range!!!

I don't have a single complain at all when it comes to Althea's house brand because I believe the research team had gone into great lengths, trial and test to bring out the best in all the items before they labelled it their own. But maybe this one is just... different?



What is the Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser: 

Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser is a cleanser and serum fused together. As it's name suggest, it not only helps to remove your make-up, dirt and oil. It is enhanced with mint extracts so that your skin stays cool and hydrated without drying out. It also helps to minimize enlarged pores and keep your skin's PH levels balanced.

This product looks more like a facial toner than a cleanser based on first impression and texture.



Key Ingredients:

Mint leaf extract - Cools down the skin and soothes irritations
Jojoba seed oil - Deeply moisturizes any dryness without feeling heavy
Tea tree leaf extract - Has antibacterial properties that purify the skin




* Do remember to remove the internal protective foil before your first use.




Usage Direction of Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser:

There are 2 ways which you can make use of the Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser,

If you are using it to remove your make up:
Pour an adequate amount of the product onto your palm.
Massage the product all over your skin in circular motions to remove dirt and makeup.
Rinse off the residue with water. You may also use a second cleanser to completely remove any residue.

Tip: You can also apply the cleanser to a cotton wool, wipe off your make-up and wash off the residue with water.


If you are using it to cleanse your skin:
Dampen the skin and apply an adequate amount of the product onto your palm.
Gently massage the product all over your skin in circular motions for 5-10 seconds before rinsing it off with water.




This is a gentle cleanser that is good for days when you have good skin as it feels very light on the skin. I have use it to remove my make-up products and they worked to remove them pretty well, even for my lipstick and eye make-up.

I do however, find it weird when I have to wash my face after applying this product as it does not suds well, hence giving me the "unclean" feeling after wash. I would still recommend to use the Althea Contour Cleanser instead.

I have since tested the pore purifying serum cleanser for a few times now, sometimes it seems to work ok, but there were also recent times where my face would flare up, turning red and itch badly after using them directly on my skin to remove my make up and rinsing off with water only. I would recommend a double cleanse with a normal face cleanser after using this product and not washing with water only.

**Those with sensitive skin should use this product with caution and do patch test before using on your whole face.**

Overall, I am having mixed feelings with this product. Maybe I should stop using the product until my face feels better.


If you would love to get one, its retailing at $11.00 SGD (150ml). You are also encourage to visit https://sg.althea.kr/pore-purifying-serum-cleanser for more information as well as to purchase. For a limited time only, grab your Althea exclusives and receive an althea sticker *while stock last, limited quantity only*.

For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:

Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW

For collaboration opportunities please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com




Disclaimer:
1) These products are sent to me by Althea KR for the purpose of my review for this collaboration. Thank you for all the love your team had showered me thus far.
2) All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
3) Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of the photographs used on this site.
4) Review is 100% honest and based on personal experience.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is the first time I heard about this brand. but Sounds good product, I will give it a try.

    Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please follow me on my blog & I'll follow you back.

    http://www.okcheori.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Followed you on IG as well as your blog <3

      Delete

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024