A for Apothecary Skin review from an eczema warrior

12/06/2023

As an eczema warrior who had been battling with a broken skin for years, I am on a constant hunt for products that are gentle and works for the very sensitive skin. I was recently introduced to A for Apothecary Skin by their founder Jingyi and was curious to find out more about the brand, and her products. Who would say no to gentle skincare which are sustainably sourced?



About A for Apothecary Skin 

The brand was founded in 2018 and uses only natural, plant-based and organically sourced ingredients targeted at baby skin issues inspired from the issues which Jingyi personally faced with her son. Their products are cruelty-free, sustainably sourced from farm to table, benefiting farmers, women and the earth. 

I loved that their ingredients are also free from a long list of preservative and addictive such as Paraffin, Fragrance, Parabens, Alcohol, Urea and Silicon just to name a few. All products are lovingly blended in small batches in her lab-studio to ensure their freshness and you can be rest assured that her labs are properly sanitized. It is not easy to omit such ingredients because every skincare needs some kind of preservatives to maintain its shelf-life, but I am glad that she was able to find her perfect blend!

The brand started with products made for mums and babies, but has since expanded, incorporating more products and even those that specifically targets adult who have sensitive skin or with eczema issues like me. It must be fate that our paths happened to cross at this time because I so happened to be in a struggle over my hormonal acnes break-out cycle. I get them ever so often now due to the never-ending work stress on top of my itch-scratch cycle. 

Recommended products for adults with sensitive/eczema skin

As I have eczema skin, Jingyi recommended me to try out their NaKeD Cleansing Oil and Rose Gold Elixir which was suitable for all skin types and safe for use on the sensitive skin.

NaKeD cleansing oil is a lightweight, plant based, natural cleansing oil that doesn't require you to double cleanse. It protects your skin as it deeply cleanses, while protecting your skin barrier. It also purifies, nourishes and moisturizes your skin as it cleans. I was skeptical about not double cleansing at first because I have the tendency to use a mild facial cleanser even when my make-up remover directions tell me that I don't need to double cleanse. 

I have tried to wash my face using only the NaKeD cleansing oil and I have tried removing my daily make-up with eye and lip products using only the cleansing oil and not double cleansing. I am so surprised that it is capable of removing my make up well. Not only that, my face also actually feels clean after washing off all the make-up and dirt, that I was so confident of not double cleansing afterwards. 


It is made from key ingredients such as grapeseed oil, squalene, safflower oil, hemp oil and jojoba oil. Other than these key ingredients, they have also added some extracts such as oat lipid, sea buckthorn, rosehip seed, rosemary, cucumber, mint, geranium, bitter orange, Niroli, and Vitamin E for their various benefits to moisturize, stimulate collagen growth, protect your skin and to soothe it. It's no wonder it smells so good.

Since it is free from harsh chemicals and fragrances, it is safe for use on all skin types, even for those with sensitive skin, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers too! Their scent is made chemical-free and extract from CO2 instead of essential oils. The NaKeD cleansing oil is infused with a blend of cucumber and fresh mint with a touch of geranium and a hint of exotic neroli. I've tried it on my ultra-acne sensitive skin, and it works well on them.

The NaKeD cleansing oil turns from oil to milk once it touches water, washes your skin dirt and sebum while it nourishes and protect. To wash your face, simply massage 1-2 pipettes of cleansing oil and wash off with lukewarm water. I normally wash my face with normal tap water temperature and find that it works well too. If you're doing a make-up removal, I would recommend that you use more pipettes of the product so that you can cover all areas with makeup on. 

I love its golden colour and the simplicity of her glass bottle packaging. The oil doesn't have any artificial fragrance, instead it smelled like massage oil, the ones that you will get from a spa salon, so you feel very luxurious when you are using it. It may feel weird to cleanse with oil if you are new to them, but you should try it at least once because of their benefits. Don't worry about the oiliness, it does not linger on. I've been oil cleansing for days now and I can vouch for how well it cleanses, at least on my face that is. 

The other product which she recommended is their Rose Gold Elixir.  If you suffer from skin hormonal imbalance due to over production of sebum, this product is here to help you. This was such a timely savior for me as I have this hateful on-going hormonal acne break-out.

The Rose Gold Elixir is made from a blend of organic cold-pressed plant oils such as Oat Lipid e, Rosehip Seed, Sea Buckthorn, Calendula and Rosemary. It promises to leave your skin healthy and glowing in no time.

This multi-purpose oil can be used as a skin moisturizer booster, as a moisturizer on its own or even added to boost a glow to your makeup. The Rose Gold Elixir aims to help in over production of sebum, balancing your natural facial oils and targets hormonal acne. It was so popular that they had since decided to upgrade it to a 20ml size. I usually use only small amounts of the oil, warm in in my palms before I massage them on my face and neck. It is sufficient to use this as a moisturizer directly after toning my face because I do not have a dry skin, but it also feels ok to use it as a skin booster on days when I needed an extra moisture boost. 

I spot a similar golden colour, glass bottle packaging and the same simple branding. It is easy to mix up the 2 oils if you didn't look properly. The Rose Gold Elixir is fast absorbing as they proclaimed. It had a light scent, not overpowering and the oil doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I love that I now wake up with a glowy skin every morning. I also believed that it had started doing its work on my skin as my little red acne bumps seems to have calm down, and gotten better, so my skin looked better than before. They have many other interesting products on their page so make sure you check them out. 

For more information:

Check out A for Apothecary Skin Instagram page.
Check out the featured products and purchase them from their website.

For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels: Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, and sponsorship opportunities, please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com.

Disclaimer:
1)This article contains a personal and honest review by Pearly of Pearlywerkz . Thank you for the collaboration opportunity.
2)This review is 100% honest and based on my personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024