Beauty Product Review - Trilogy

1/01/2015

Dip into Trilogy! Sometime back I received a bag of Trilogy goodies. These are the 2 products I received from my goodie bag.



Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask & Blemish Control Gel


Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask (with rosehip, kaolin & pohutukawa)



This mineral-rich kaolin clay delivers instant radiance with a deep cleansing action. Native New Zealand Pohutukawa extracts helps tone and regenerate while emollient oil rosehip and evening primerose nourish and hydrate.
This mask:
  • Energise, purify and deeply cleanse
  • Is certified as a natural clay mask
  • Deeply cleanse and revitalises
  • Promotes a radiant complexion
Usage instruction:
Apply onto cleansed face and neck, avoid the eye area. Allow to dry and rinse off.

My thoughts:

I stopped masking for sometime in 2014 but decided to try out this mask anyways since 2015 is on the way! I badly wanted to improve my facial complexion. So, I did a patch test on my cheeks for about 2 minutes and nothing happened... happily spread it on my face but avoided my cheeks and nose, the more sensitive areas.




The texture of the mask is silky muddy not thick and doesn't dries up as if there's a layer to crack or to be lift up from your face, so you can easily wash it off with room temperatured water. It doesn't sticks to my skin either, nor making it felt dry.

The mask was great, it didn't break out my umber sensitive skin and it did restored my skin's radiance as they promised although its through just one use. I will try to use it 2-3 times a week.


Next up! The Trilogy Blemish Control Gel


Trilogy Blemish Control Gel Banish blemishes for clear skin with rosehip, salicylic acid and mandarin.


The salicylic acid effectively targets and decongests pimples. Anti-bacterial lemongrass and mandarin helps control breakouts, ginger reduces inflammation and rosehip acid repairs.
  • This is a certified natural blemish gel
  • Helps reduce inflammation
  • Promotes rapid skin repair
Usage Instructions:
Apply to blemish 1-3 times daily. May cause skin flaking. Use only as directed
.

My thoughts:
Thankfully I do not have a whole face full of pimples (which i used to have during my teenage years). I am glad my skin improved tremendously over the years, except for the recent sensitive skin return and dryness breakout.

I kind of like the smell of the gel, which is unusual (Who likes smells of pimple gels?). It smells very "mandarin and lemongrass" unlike usual ones that smells of alcohol or salicylic acid. Usually pimple gel stings the skin when applied. This one doesn't. It doesn't feel drying as well maybe because it is of gel-based nature. The gel is quite effective for newly formed and small pimple spots. I had a new pimple recently, and I find it slowly healing after a day of application.


Having said that, everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to different products. I would like to warn you to always conduct a spot test before going on full steam, in case the product doesn't suits you.


Trilogy products are made in New Zealand and they support ethical trade practices, uses recyclable packaging and most importantly they are against animal testing and are Non GMO.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024