Service Review: 5 reasons to visit Soteria Face & Nail

8/08/2015

I was delighted when I received an invitation to try out the services at Soteria Face and Nail. They offer an array of services from Manicure and Pedicure to even facials. Its like a one stop to all my beauty needs. I was thinking, since its been quite sometime since I've done anything to my nails, why not take this chance to try out their manicure service? Besides, I haven't tried doing a gelish manicure before and the long weekends was around the corner.



Do you know, they have an extension of the unit just beside them for you to pamper your tresses? Its called the Soteria Hair Studio, you can get your hair trimmed and pampered with their scalp treatments there.

As I only managed to visit the Soteria Face and Nail Salon,  I shall be focusing my review on them today.



(1) Great Location, a mere 5 minutes walk from Kovan MRT Station

Soteria Face and Nail is located a mere 5 minutes walk from Kovan MRT Station. It is convenient for people staying within neighborhood of Hougang, even if not, you can always take the MRT.

Address: Blk 203, Hougang Street 21,#01-47,Singapore 530203

(2) Multiple Awards

Soteria Face and Nail clinched several awards such as the Singapore Brands Award 2014/2015, The Asia Pacific Brands Award 2014, The Asia Pacific Queen of Substance, Inspirational Women Awards 2014, and SMEs Asia Award 2014/2015. I believe more awards will be coming their way for this humble and cozy place.



(3) Products from reputable brands

Spotted from their shelves are mostly OPI Nail Lacquers which are reputable and known for its good quality. Since I was here for their Gelish Manicure, I am glad that they were using products from reputable brands.

What is a Gelish Manicure?

Gelish is a new soak-off product offering colour in a gel. Nails are maintenance free for approximately 2-3 weeks and they stay incredibly glossy. There is no damage to your nails during application. A base coat, 2 layers of colour and a top shiny coat are applied to give you a perfect finish. To remove Gelish, your nails are foil wrapped with soaked cotton pads and Gelish remover for a few minutes.~ Credits to :Soteria Website




A photograph of my finger being buffed cleaned before my express gelish manicure journey begins.

That is me having my express Gelish Manicure done, alongside with 2 other ladies. Photo credits to Tracy, my lovely girlfriend. Thank you for the photos as I wasn't able to take many photos during this manicure process as my hand was busy most of the time.

They have an assorted menu for their Mani and Pedicures, you can do the classic types if you prefer. There's even something for the little girl or the classic gentlemen. Who says men cannot pamper their nails?

The manicurist was very gentle and detailed in her work, although she wasn't creative enough to live up of the challenge, to think of other designs for my nails when I couldn't find anything I like on the nail palette.

(4) Caring for their bloggers, good hospitality

I am here to experience their express gelish manicure, they can simply ask me to get my services done and bid good bye to them, but no, they offered us snacks alongside with their service trial which I think was a very pleasant thing to have.


Tried the Macaroon which acted as a good prop for my instagram photo, which some of you may have seen. I was glad it wasn't too sweet and hard. The cupcake was a little dry but tasted okay and there was also a special feature for the Stay Home Mum Cafe with their Rainbow Cake in a Jar. The rainbow cake was quite tasty and the concept of cake in a jar is quite interesting, feel free to check them out and engage them for their cakes and mochi, freshly baked.

(4) Interacting with bloggers, DIY hands-on activity, kill off waiting time



If our schedule permits, or you are simply too early, ahead of the appointment time, we were offered to customize (DIY) our very own candle made of melted soft jelly wax. The process was quite fun, from picking seashells to adding sand and finally fitting the candle wick before we pour in the hot melted wax and let it cool into the container. I manage to catch Rena before Tracy came over. Thanks Rena for being my hand model and allowing me to take photos of your work in progress.

This activity was simple but surprisingly fun as we get to interact with our blogger friends. Tracy and I had a lot of fun making our candles. We also get to bring them back as a little gift afterwards. I like my candle very much, how do you all think it looks?


(5) Friendly and hard-working boss, Engel



I am so glad I took a photograph with this lovely lady boss. She is so smiley, so happy and hardworking! Here she is almost due to give birth but still working hard for her passion, her belief and her business. I seriously look up to her as a role model, and hopefully one day I'll find enough funds to have my proper shop front too. There's no reason not to support this inspiring woman, she truly deserves the title of being inspirational.

So, how do I think of my manicure service?
I had a night of fun catching up with my usual blogger friends and making some new friends as well. I liked the quality of my gelish manicure, with few coats and the glossy look which I think will last me for some good weeks. The design was simple for my chosen colour and I am looking forward to trying other services with Soteria in the near future.





Before I left, Engel passed me and my friends a box of products from Babor which she is using and selling in Soteria. In it we have some ampoules for hydrating our skin, hand cream and a relaxing lavender scented shower oil. I hope to be using them soon!
Thanks Engel and Soteria's staff for having me and everything you've plan for us. It was an enjoyable evening. Hope to be invited back to try other services in the near future and I hope that you will have a smooth delivery.


Happy National Days and Happy holidays everyone!

Soteria Face and Nails


Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/SoteriaSingapore?fref=ts

Website:
http://www.soteria.com.sg/home

Telephone :
6284 0887
6284 8870

Mobile :
8338 0887

Address :
Block 203, Hougang Street 21,
#01-47,Singapore 530203

Operating Hours :
Weekdays 10:30am to 9:00pm
Weekends 10:30am to 7:30pm
Public Holidays 10:00am to 7:00pm


Cheers! Be confident, be yourself,
Pearly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024