Product Review: IRÉN - Japanese skincare routine made easy

7/23/2018

Say yes to an easy to up-keep skincare solution which enables the modern, busy woman to keep themselves beautiful. The concept is really simple, if you try to visualize it, it is almost like popping a multi-vitamin pill, except you get to choose only the serum which you require based on your skincare needs, mix them up, spray them on and that's it, zero wastage and your skin gets all that "supplements" which it requires.



About IRÉN
IRÉN is launched in 2017, a homegrown skincare line created by Ikeda Spa Group. IRÉN believes that every woman can look beautiful while multi-tasking, so they created their range of customized skincare solutions for busy woman.

Their philosophy is in-line with my philosophy of being a better me, creating a better version of myself everyday.

IRÉN is created by Mr Eric Tan who wanted to create a skincare solution which is suitable for her wife's skin, as her IVF had taken a toil on her skin due to hormonal changes and stress at work.

*Fun fact: If you look closely at their brand name, you can see the man behind the serum.

IRÉN serums are the world's first spray-able serum ($58 each/10ml). They are unique, customisable, and works together to target your specific skin concerns. The serum uses Ziplock Encapsulation Technology to protect the active ingredients from degrading. What I like best is that these serums is that they are super fruits infused such as the ones I now owned which contained Goji Berries, Yuzu  and Blueberries.



Currently there are a total of 7 serums:


-Anti-Aging
-Clearing
-Whitening
-Soothing
-Hydrating
-Anti-Acne
-Anti-Wrinkle



I love the colourful bottles of serum which looked like a rainbow collection . It's unfortunate that I do not own the whole collection. Currently I have 4 variants as shown on the photo above. I still lack 4 variants.



I do also like how easily I can twist my cap where this motion will bring my serum up onto the dropper, and dispense the serum on to my palm without having to introduce air bubbles and risk product contamination in my bottle of serum. The glass bottles also allows me to see how much serum I am left with in them, so that I can replace them as and when I need. The colourful bottles will also instantly lift up my mood somehow, marketing gimmick or not, it works. I do prefer my skincare products packaged in glass over plastic bottles because they environmental friendly.

I loved all of my serums and have tried various combinations. I am using the Hydrating, Soothing and Whitening serum in the day because I work in an air-conditioned environment running my own business.

At the same time, I also have to travel outdoors for my meetings and engagements. In the night, before bedtime, I use a combination of the Anti-aging, Soothing and Hydrating serums. So far this combination of serums seems to work best for me on top of my current skincare regime. I do not see any skin breakouts, allergies or flaky skin despite having a very, very sensitive skin.



I am also very fortunate to be given the opportunity to try out the legendary IRÉN skin vaporizer ($338) which is very much loved by beauty enthusiasts because it is so functional. Oh! I love it so much that I can't live without it. I really do feel like filling it up with every skincare liquid i own.



The skin vaporizer enables the most immaculate even application of your skincare products with a single button operation. There is totally no need for hand-to-skin contact, reducing the risk of product contamination and bacteria infiltration. The ultra-high pressure also enables a deeper skin penetration. I like the way the serums settle slowly on my skin as if my skin is enjoying a face spa when i spray over, yet it just feels that my face is air-brushed rather than me squirting products on my face, making a mess all over.



*Personal Tip:
If you hold it closer to your skin, sometimes the skin gets a little sticky and you'll be tempted to pat in the serums. You can do it, however if you finish up your serums, you can make use of the gentle air in your vaporizer to dry the serums. This works well for me all the time.

Unlike the regular mist spray bottle, the skin vaporizer splits the serum into nano-sized particles allowing faster penetration. You don't even have to worry about charging your vaporizer as you'll only need to re-charge it once every 2weeks. Its been a week for me, using the vaporizer day and night, the power supply is still going strong.

I do have a habit of washing my hands each time i pat on my skincare products but with the skincare vaporizer, I don't have to do that anymore. All I have to do is to mix my serums or whenever I am in need of a quick fix, I'll just drip 1-2 drops of my desired serums and give them a good swirl in the small container within the vaporizer to mix them up.



I highly recommend the IRÉN serums and vaporizer and I do feel that you should invest in a set of these skincare because you too can be busy and beautiful.


For more information do check out:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/irenskin
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/irenskin/
Website: https://irenskin.com/


Retail:

You may find out more about IRÉN from Face Shower Bar where you can get an express hydrating facial and try out some IRÉN serums.

One Raffles Link B1-17A
Citylink Mall
(Near Marina Square Exit)
Singapore 039393

11:00am to 9:30pm daily
Tel: 6920 8772

More information about faceshowerbar can be found at: https://irenskin.com/pages/express-facial-singapore-hydrafacial.


Disclaimer:

Thank you IRÉN for sending these products for my personal review. Your products are lovely and I would surely wish to collaborate again. Review is 100% honest and based on personal experience. All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise stated. Please do not take them as your own. Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024