Product Review: Althea Exclusive Make-Up Products reveal

2/12/2019

Annyeong! Althea's biggest debut yet, this year when they launched their exclusive make-up box and range of exclusive make-up products. I was so excited to unbox this when I received them and I can't help but posted it on my Instagram. Really, I asked myself what have I done to deserve all this. Thank you Althea.


From Althea's Flawless Creamy Concealers to Watercolour cream tint, to eye palette, to eye glitter. I can't stop wow-ing at what's up and coming each time when I opened a new Althea Exclusive box. Since then, I've been diligently watching make-up tutorials, seeing how people put together their make-up so that I too, can put together mine.

Before I begin any make-up, I always ensure I have a clear canvas (Face), therefore I take care of my skin with Althea Bare Essentials . Always keep your skin fresh and clean so that your make-up can come on easily later on. For those who suffer from minor acne issues or post acne marks and needed some coverage, the team at Althea had recently launched the Althea Skin Relief Spot Flim Gel (15ml) $6.



This product contains tea tree oil, centella and pine leaf extract which helps to sooth your skin redness, treat your acne and repair your skin while it gently hides below your make-up. I personally prefer to use it when I do not have my foundation on as I tend to have less patience to wait for it to dry up completely before applying my base make-up. I do however find it extremely helpful to have in the make-up pouch for treating my pimples. I've tried to apply once, but ended with a flaky make-up around that particular area as it had not completely dried, making a mess of my make-up so be warned.

With the base of my canvas clean and acne spots covered and protected well, I will next apply Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway with SPF 50+ PA++++ . This serves as a base foundation and sunblock to block off the UV rays and what nots from entering my skin. If you prefer a lighter day make-up, you can use tinted sunblock as your make-up base instead of applying a layer of foundation on so that your face will not appear too heavy. Next up, I will try to guide you step by step on how I create my (Sunrise/ Day Look) and (Moorise/Night Look).



After application of your preferred cushion/foundation depending on your needs and preference I usually like to apply some Flawless Creamy Concealer $5/6g on some areas of my troubled skin. As you can see that I have a rather fair skin from my swatches, Vanilla is lighter than my skin tone and Ginger is closest to my skin tone, followed by Honey which is 1 tone darker. I like to sometimes use a darker shade of concealer on my skin to appear more neutral than fair. Darker concealers are also better in terms of coverage and contourings, compared to the lighter toned ones which works better as a highlighter. I use more Honey and Ginger to conceal and Vanilla for blending with my skin colour.

(Tip: Use darker coloured concealers to cover darker and harder to cover spots underneath your foundation and the lighter ones after you apply your foundation as they are harder to blend away).

My troubled spots are under my eyes, (some pigmentation spots on my nose and cheeks), as well as occasional acne spots. I'll apply Ginger and blend lightly with my make-up brush. For spots, blending them with your fingers or small concealer brush, dapping gently works best.




Next, comes the fun part which is a BCL X Althea Sunrise and Moonrise eye palette  $46 (Quote BCL30 for 30% off during Althea cart out) made in collaboration with Bunga Citra Lestari (Indonesian Singer and Actress).

I usually play with single or double colours and tend to use more of neutrals, earth tones, pink and purple shades on my eye for my daily go-to-work look, but never really know how to work with more than 2 colours until my recent experiments with Althea's Exclusives and I am getting better at them. Yay!


(Tip for make-up starters, you can make use of the lighter shades as a base eye shadow and build up your eye make-up using colours of the same range (E.g- Nude/Brown/Pink/Gold) , (Pink/Red/Purple). There is no right or wrong when it comes to building your eye make-up as long as you are comfortable with the look you've created and make sure your eye make-up looks clean and not smudgy.



For my Sunrise Day Look: 
I made use of the shimmery nude (Lightest shade of the palette) as my base, followed by light glitter pink on my inner eye areas and blending out with a pearly pink on my outer eyes. Ending off highlighting the centre of my eye, corners of my eyes and bottom inner part of eyes, with a touch of metallic gold. You can see subtle colours and gradients on my eyes but they are not over powering so this look is good for even office or dates !

Look is completed with Althea Watercolor Cream tint in Peach along with liquid foundation and Althea Pink Light Eye Glitter highlights, lightly blend out at the corners of my eyes.




For my Moonrise Night Look:

I made use of the rich brown as my base, followed by cool purple on the base, building upwards with the deep wine shade. For the centre highlighter, I made use of the metallic rose gold tone, also highlighting the inner corner of my eyes with the same shade. (This is also the same look you saw on my Instagram).

Look is completed with Althea Watercolor Cream tint in Strawberry along with BB cushion, eyeliner and Mascara and Althea Pink Light Eye Glitter lightly blended on my eye liners.




Bonus! For an extra bling bling sweet look effect. Add on the AAlthea Spotlight eye glitter $8/4.5ml in (Pink/Gold Light) as eye liners or to highlight the corners of your eyes. Don't forget your bottom eye lash areas too!



Lastly, add a touch of Althea Watercolor Cream Tint $7/4.5ml on your lips. My personal recommendations are the peach and marron colour for day use, plum and strawberry for night use or whichever you prefer according to your mood.



I hope you liked the 2 looks which I've created.  Feel free to give me feedbacks and encouragements if you like what you've seen. Thank you for pampering us Althea Angels as always. I am very looking forward to your next new Althea Exclusive, while exploring new looks with this palette and heartiest congratulations to these make-up products I think they do really great.


For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:

Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW

For collaboration opportunities please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com

Disclaimer:

1) These products are sent to me by Althea KR for the purpose of my review for this collaboration. Thank you for all the love your team had showered me thus far.
2) All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
3) Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of the photographs used on this site.
4) Review is 100% honest and based on personal experience. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024