Product Review: Welcome Althea A'Bloom Collection

5/02/2019

Congratulations Althea! You did it again! 


Within a short span of time since they first launched their site, they came out with their own exclusives. Each time I hear news that something new from the Althea's exclusive column is launching, or that they have collaborated with celebrities to come out with their own products. I'll be beaming full of excitement, like a rabbit hidden within a magician's hat waiting to spring out once the magician's wand touches the hat.



This time, Althea launched its A'Bloom Beauty Playground. In this series, there are products such as makeup puffs, a blackhead remover and four interestingly themed fruit mask that can help you in your tacky face issues.



As an Althea Angel, I had the opportunity to get a sneak peak into what was going to launch. The kind ladies from Althea had send in the media kit containing the following items:

A'Bloom Mask in 4 assorted variants



Wanna make a guess which one did I tried on first?

Usage Directions:
After cleansing your face, apply your facial toner and apply the mask sheet on for 10-20 minutes.
Remove mask sheet and pat in remaining essence on your face.



Nourishing Avocado Mask (Avo-Cuddle-Me) - For Dry Skin
The mask sheet is infused with avocado extracts and hibiscus, nourishes your skin and protects it from harmful environmental factors. It also helps to prevent wrinkles.

My thoughts:

The Avocado Mask's serum felt thicker than the other variants. It was dripping when I lift up the mask sheet from the pack. It also had a gentle fragrance. When placed on the face, it had a tightening effect.




Moisturizing Watermelon (Water-Me-Long) - For Combination Skin
The mask sheet contains watermelon extracts and lavender to calm and hydrate your skin. Need something moisturizing, then this is for you.



My thoughts:
The watermelon mask is the most hydrating and moisturizing one of the four mask variant. It also brightens up my skin. This mask is stronger scented than the rest, it also had the most serum on it, but it turns out that the effects works the best for me and suits my skin the most. There was left over serum on my face after masking and it took a slightly longer time to absorb than the others.


Brightening Lemon Lime Mask (Sparkle-Me-Bright) - For Combination Skin
The mask sheet contains a double dose of Vitamin C from its lemon and lime extracts as well as green tea. Need a clarifying mask to brighten up your otherwise dull skin, try this.

My thoughts:
This was the very first mask I tried on a day after I received the media box. I liked that the face mask adheres nicely onto my small face. The single sheet mask sheet was thin but adequate. There were enough slits on the mask to allow easy placement on the face. The amount of serum was not overflowing, but the mask was generously coated with serum, with not much excess left within the pack.

The result was amazing as the face mask really helped brighten up my dull skin. There was a slight difference between the skin tone of my face and neck the following day when I checked on my face. My face did not break out, there was no allergy reactions or itchiness and my face felt fairly moisturized too.



Anti-Blemish Peach Mask (AC-Me-Peach) - For Oily Skin
This is an anti-blemish mask sheet infused with peach extracts along with tea-tree oil to regulate oil balance, moisture, and purify your skin. It also aims to soothe irritated sensitive skin.

My thoughts:
I used the Peach Mask after my face had a few new hormonal pimple popping out. I know its too late but better late than never right? The peach mask had a stronger fragrance compared to the Lemon and Avocado mask. My face felt okay but not significantly brighter or moisturized, yet comfortable and soothing during and after the masking. My pimple did not heal but seems to appear less inflamed after masking.


Each of these mask sheets retails at $0.60SGD / $5SGD for a pack of 10 same mask sheets. During the promotion period, (10+10) mask retails at $5.



Knowing that the modern stressful Asians always have blackhead issues, the team at Althea came up with the first ever Natural BHA stick also known as the A'Bloom BHA Blackhead Blaster to clean, unclog and protect your skin from black and white heads. With this amazing stick, you don't have to feel the pain when removing your black and white heads anymore.

Shaped like a lip balm, it contains the natural white willow, charcoal, apricot seed and tea tree leaf oil effective for gentle exfoliation, the packaging of the product makes it portable and easy to carry around. Something that you can easily place into your toiletries bag even when you need to travel.






Usage Directions:
After cleansing your face of all makeup, apply to areas with excess sebum. Gently massage in a circular motion to release the trapped oil and dirt. Finish off by rinsing with lukewarm water. For more effective cleansing, you may place a warm towel on your skin to open the pores before using.

My thoughts:

I used the BHA Blackhead blaster on my cheeks, nose chin area where my black and white heads are most prominent. I notice that after the scrub the area felt less oily and feels cleaner although I do not note any significant reduce in pore size in just a single usage, nor was my "deeply trapped" blackhead removed. Those small and pesky white heads however seemed to have been scrubbed off. Overall, I liked the product though in terms of effectiveness, it is still too early to judge.

*Bonus tip - This item can also be used to scrub your elbow and heel too. (But I won't recommend to use it on your face afterwards, for obvious hygiene issues.)

Each of these stick retails at $5SGD.


Every makeup enthusiast needs one of these in their makeup vanity table. Be it the experienced ones or the newbies. The A'Bloom Meringue puff is going to bring your makeup application game to the next level. 

There are 2 sizes to choose from the giant and the babies. The Giant Meringue puff expands to 1.5x when soaked into water, blends easily with your makeup and gives you a matt or glossy finish (depending on if you use it wet/dry). The Baby Meringue puff are handy to carry out and does well on small and hard to reach areas.






Usage Directions:

For glowy dewy finish : Soak puff in running water and squeeze out water. Use the narrow part for eyes, nose, lip and curvy part of your face. Use wide part for the rest of your face. For matt finish, simply use it dry!

Caring Tips:
Be gentle with these puffs as they may rip or chip off if you exert too much force. Remember to clean your sponge frequently and replace them every 1-3 months.

Puff Cleansing Tips:

Soak puff in running water and wash with cleansing foam. Squeeze till dry and it dry completely in cool area.

Each of these giant meringue puff retails at $3SGD/pc. The baby meringue puff retails at $4SGD/3pcs per pack.





My thoughts:
Tried to use the giant meringue puff wet (photo above shows giant puff after expansion in size) and was rather amused by its expansion in size. It was very flexible hence able to reach out to various odd areas and makes my CC cushion very easy to blend. I loved it and have already bought myself another spare one to keep. I foresee I will be using these very often from now on.




I love Althea's product so much that before I tried on the mask, I had already purchased another 40+40 of these with the (10+10) promo! Key in "ABMASKS" on check out to get this deal. I'm so glad I did because I'm already done with these 4 pieces of mask by the time you read this review.

First timer on Althea? Click on Althea Link for 20% off your cart products.
Oh, You're very welcome.



For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:

Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW
For collaboration opportunities please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com

Disclaimer:

1) These products are sent to me by Althea KR for the purpose of my review for this collaboration. Thank you for all the love your team had showered me.
2) All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
3) Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of the photographs used on this site.
4) Review is 100% honest and based on personal experience. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024