Facial Review: 8th session of Lutronic Pico Lazer with Sozo Aesthetics Clinic

5/06/2019

I am back at Sozo Aesthetics Clinic for my Lutronic Pico Lazer, only this time I was feeling quite upset as my face went on a roller coaster ride. It was doing well few months before and suddenly now I feel very uneasy about the sudden breaking out. From an eczema skin (dry and flaky), my face now becomes oily and break out easily at my chin areas.



Due to work stress, environment issues, neighbor's renovation, the change in weather conditions etc etc... my skin is breaking up. Each time the weather and environment becomes unstable, and I don't get enough rest, it affect my skin and mood greatly. We have so many things to blame for our skin except ourselves don't we? But what can we do to prevent it from occurring?


(Selfie while Waiting for the numbing cream to set in, can you see my cystic acne and the post acne scars on my chin -.-||| )

After speaking with Dr Justin and him having a look, we concluded that these are most likely hormonal cystic acne at my chin area. (Mind you, those are big, red, fiery and nasty without puss but often swell up a lot). It is also difficult to get my hands away and not poke, prick or touch them in the hopes that they'll heal faster. (Even knowing that I should not do it and it doesn't help). Doesn't it happen to you too?

He mentioned that these acne even after recovering can take up to 6 months to fully recover (if you do nothing to it). They often leave a dark scar on your face. Like the best evidence because you have murdered them (the acne). He then propose that I pop into his clinic for an acne jab, within 3 days if I have another cystic acne pop up and is unable to manage it. *Deep Sighs*

We carried on with the usual Lutronic Pico Lazer session after my face was cleansed and numbing cream was left on my face. He also paid extra attention to the dark acne marks left by the previous break out and assured me that things will get better.

My pigmentation spots are getting much better, skin tone evened out and to add on to my profile are the new scars from previous acne dry outs. These are all lasered to lighten them and speed up the recovery process.



Since we're at the topic of Acne/ Oily skin I will take the opportunity to share with you what I know about this particular skin type and how to care for it. Hopefully it'll benefit you too. Some of us have combination skin or sensitive skin so it could overlap in some places.

How to identify an Oily skin type?

For people with an Oily skin type, you usually spot shine on their face. Some of them even have very terrible acnes usually on the T-zone of their face. Most people in their puberty age will have an oily skin, this could be due to hormonal changes and genetic factors as well as environmental factors.

How to care of Oily skin?

Do not go for products that will dry out your skin (although it seems like the most obvious choice), as this may be counter productive. Instead, try the following.

♡ Lightly exfoliate your oily skin from a build up of oil which can cause dead skin to be trapped in your pores, leading to blemishes. Do not use harsh products or scrub your skin.

♡ Use products which contains salicylic acid which helps to remove dead skin cells and improve the body's natural exfoliation process.

♡ For a natural solution, you may apply Tea Tree oil to get rid of your acne. Tea tree oil helps to unblock the sebaceous glands, disinfect your pores, dry out black and whiteheads and acne.

♡ If all the above doesn't work, you can try to use a Retinol (mild version of Vitamin A) cream. These are for those with moderate to severe cases. Retinol helps to unclog pores, clear acnes and reduce outbreaks. They may also help to preventing the formation of scars and wrinkles. However, these cream may cause itching, sensitivity and may not be suitable for people with eczema or rosacea skin as they may leave the skin dry and flaky. (Make sure you patch test, and apply only a thin layer of the product if you have sensitive skin). Use only a pea size amount for your whole face.

♡ Even with an oily skin, make sure you moisturize your skin well especially the areas with acne. Keep them dry after taking your showers and remember to always apply sunblock before you head out.


♡ Do clean your makeup sponges, brushes and tools regularly and remove all your sunblock and makeup before you head to bed.


(After the existing cystic acne healed, a new one popped up at almost the same spot my chin. OMG!!!! Look at how bad the "pop out is", that even layers of concealers cannot save me now.-.-||| )

I hope that I will have a clearer and better skin during my next visit to Sozo Aesthetic Clinic. I can see that my forehead and cheeks are glowing, my skin condition is so much better with lesser obvious pigmentation. I've been very diligently masking too, but for now I am still battling with my cystic acne at my chin area.

Do you have any tips to combat cystic acne?
Leave a comment on the blog post to share with me your useful tips!


For more information about SOZO Aesthetic Clinic:

Location:
1 Raffles Place, #05-12/13
One Raffles Place (Shopping Mall)
Singapore 048616

Tel:
6935 1811

Hours:
Mon - Fri : 10AM - 8PM
Sat: 10-3PM
Sun & PH: Closed


Do check out their Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/sozo.aesthetic/
Follow them on their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sozo.aesthetic/
Read more about them and their treatments available on their website: https://sozoclinic.sg/


For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:
Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, and sponsorship opportunities,
please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com


Disclaimer:

1)Thank you Dr Justin Boey for the session and advise.
2)This review is 100% honest and based on personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please also refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024