Reflections of 2019

1/03/2020

A new decade it is! We are now in day 3 of 2020! Just a few days ago, we were celebrating Christmas, followed by going on the streets to watch the rare Solar eclipse and counting down to the year 2020! Fast forward today, we are living in the year 2020.

Let me try my best to summarize my life in 2019, in a bit.



Work/Entrepreneurship :
Year 2020, marks my 6th year as an entrepreneur or maybe some of you may prefer to call me, a housewife. Being an entrepreneur gives me plenty of freedom to do what I like at the mercy of my customers. You might have heard of the saying, if you do what you like, you'll never feel like you're working. These words are true in a way, but being a human being, means you will get tired and your energy will get drained. 


In my case it is the physical fatigue of having to stand for hours, carrying heavy animals and more so, dealing with difficult human customers. I no longer worry about getting customers because I do have regulars by now, and I no longer wish to push for new ones whom I know will come when they need me, because I have my limitation and gets tired easily after hours of working. After all, it is a one man show where I've learned to managed throughout the years. Yes I've tried to extend my team but failed.

The opportunity cost over these years is really high, considering the income that I could have earned while working in the corporate world. I also had to work when most of my friends are having fun and resting, while I get to rest, when most of them are at work. This is where I dislike, as my life feels loop-sided, (Those working in the retail sector, I feel you but you'll probably get your off days, but I don't), though I get to spend time with my family members even when I am working during the weekends.

Throughout my entrepreneurship journey, I've learned a lot, gained some and lost some too. This journey will never end for me, as I'm always on the look out for new things to do and at the same time, generate income for my daily living and expenses. Let me find something less labor intensive next.

This year, will be the year which I'll try again, to navigate my way back into the corporate world. Though I know it'll be a tough attempt, as the economy slows down and takes a really bad shape now and good jobs and bosses are hard to come by. Besides, I have been out of touch with the corporate world for a long time now and no longer a fresh graduate. I have been on the hunt since the last quarter of last year, but I will continue looking.



Married Life :
I will be married to my husband for 9 years this coming October! Thank you for being the photographer in all if not most, of my amazing photographs, my listener, and most importantly my soulmate and life partner. You have taught me so much in our marriage and given me more than I could have expected from you, although the room for improvement gets bigger each year, with my ever-growing appetite for more love and attention.

We are in the midst of planning for an overseas holiday this year, and next year to celebrate our 1st Decade of marriage, (we have started looking for deals) because we haven't been travelling anywhere further than to Johor Bahru, Malaysia, for the longest time. Hopefully it will materialize and we will get to spend more time together this year compared to in 2019 when he was mostly stranded in the office with on-going projects. 2019 was also the 1st year which we spend the count down away from each other.

In year 2019, I am thankful to him for agreeing to go on a discovery, to hidden places around Singapore with me, where we've never been to, and took time off work to check them out. Places like the southern island, Joo Chiat, Jurong Lake Gardens, Little India etc. Places that I would never had explore alone. We also managed to visit the popular Jewel in Changi Airport, which we both came to love.

Thank you for also taking time at the end of the year to declutter the house with me after almost a good 9 years of staying there, we finally trashed out so many things. It feels really great to do that, I'll be sharing some tips with you on the blog at a later date, so do look out for it.



Eczema/Skin Condition/Health :
My face eczema was pretty calm last year, except that I suffered several melt downs and break outs from a few bad facial experiences, and from using unsuitable face products, most are skin exfoliating products which I will now avoid.

This is a wake-up call for me to scrutinize every product down to its ingredients and not trusting on the wordings "suitable for all skin types/ suitable for sensitive skin", before I put them on my face or skin going forward. I also cannot emphasize on how important a patch test is. I made an effort to ditch those products in the bin or give them away, so that I'll never have to experience the emotional pain again.

My recent experience with a certain facial salon also left me with a red puffy, swollen and flaky face the following day, to the extend that when I woke up, I was not being able to recognize myself in the mirror, yes its that bad. The lady boss of the facial salon was very apologetic, nice to follow up with a call after my email to her. She mentioned that she had never experienced anything like this from her past years of managing the facial salon and offered many ways to help like offering to pay for my medical fees and for going on skin checks etc, but days passed since the festive season, and the "item" which she promised to send out to help me in my recovery, to soothen my facial swelling, never did arrived even till today. The lady boss of the facial salon did a follow up with me sometime in January 2020, and we realised that the parcel was never delivered to me. It seems like the delivery person might have "pocketed" or sent the product to a wrong place.

There was also once, where I fell so sick and was attacked by a virus, and had the runs for almost a week. I had to go to the doctor for antibiotics and prebiotics, and never thought that I would recover in time for our anniversary celebration.

These negative experiences further strengthened my urge for wanting to discover more natural, organic and eczema skin friendly products in the market to help those in a similar plight.

One such brand which I've previously worked with, is Suu Balm, whom I've loved and shared about them before. They have finally come out with 2 facial products which I had carefully stow away for future use. I hope to be sharing with you more on their latest addition, so do keep a look out on the blog. I've recently shared about this brand to a few friends. I have also recently introduced it to my mum, whom had sudden rashes on her legs but their moisutrizers unfortunately did not help her.

*NEW Interest*:





2019 was the year when I started to be obsessed and curious about Formula One. I got into it, ballot for tickets to the pitlane experience and see myself reading up to learn more about the racers, the origins, the cars and what-nots. For one, my hubby was really happy to have me now watching races with him. I never knew that there was Formula One, Two, Three etc.

I used to be only watching them as they race in Singapore as it was being aired on TV but now, i am excitedly waiting for their next season, which will start sometime in 15th March 2020. This season will be special as it will be Formula One's 70th year, with 22 races, and there were be a new Asian country added to the race calendar - Vietnam. Dutch (Netherlands) will also make a come-back.


Collaborations :
2019 saw plenty of happy and new collaborations which I am always thankful for, this keeps my blog and social media space going and allows me to explore, try and experience new things. Of course, all these shouldn't be at the expense of one's health and skin conditions.

Thank you all my collaboration partners, there were some which failed as their products or services were not suitable for my skin. Some never even delivered their products. Nevertheless, I am still very thankful to each and everyone for the opportunities given.

In 2020, let's try to get more brands on board, continue good working relationships, connect more on the social medias, and as always, let's try to be more active on the social channels.


For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:
Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, and sponsorship opportunities and discussions,
please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com

Disclaimer:
1)Thank you for reading.
2)This article is 100% honest and based on personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please also refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024