Product Review: Kotex Luxe and some tips on how i deal with my monthly torture

10/02/2015

Urgh! Its the time of the month again. Your best friend is here again to give you a mess. But don't worry...I have a solution. Introducing to you,

"The pad that will help you realise that overnight period leakage is never your fault." If you have recognized this tagline immediately, good on ya! Your best friend of the month must be have been  Kotex Luxe
® pads.
 
 
So now, quit blaming yourself for stained bed sheets. We all have days like this when all we want is to sleep all day and sleep the pain away! For friends that are really close, they would know that I detest that time of the month so much because I have very bad menstrual cramps slightly before and during my menstrual period. Its so bad that typical menstrual pills will not help me, I have to take pills that my doctor prescribes which are 10x stronger than a single Pandadol. Besides that, I do have my fair share of experience staining bed sheets with all my mess as well.

These mess are so difficult to wash off and yes, it's already frustrating enough having to deal with the pain, and now I still have to worry about washing it off? The least that could help me, was a good product that can put me at ease.

Kotex is a very well known brand, at least to all ladies out there whom uses a sanitary pad when they have their period. It is so well known that in our schooling days, peers usually asked their female friends if they have a Kotex instead of if they have a sanitary pad.
Just to share...

There is an old wife's tale that you have to pay your friends when you "borrow" a pad, because if you don't this will cause a strain or a sour relationship with your girlfriends. Its quite interesting to think of it, and my girlfriends were still practicing it in our university days.

Coming back to topic! I have been using Kotex sanitary pads all these while, with the Soft and smooth overnight range in 28cm as my favorite, and I swear by them for their comfort, hippy and flowery design with reasonable and affordable pricing. 





Now I heard there is something similar but much all new... its the Ultrathin version, otherwise known as the Kotex Luxe
® .

I have purchased the metal tin of cottony pads in 23cm before, they were in a pinkish packets and I used to put them in my office as my emergency pad supplies in case if I were to be caught off guard. 
 

Now they are used to contain my stash of heat pads at home instead. These heat pads comes in really handy whenever I experience bad cramps. I would paste them above my tummy area on the internal side of my shirt. I also bring them overseas with me to cold countries.


Now back to the star of the day , Kotex Luxe
® .... the shortest pad have since been upgraded from 23 to 24cm. 1cm really makes a big deal of difference in our case.

 


Kotex Luxe® Night Time - 32cm comes to your rescue from overflowing heavy periods to staining of bed sheets. It also comes with these newly, specially designed features for your comfort and added protection.





It comes in a very hand draw string back, similar to the soft and smooth range which I was previously using.



My previous Kotex Luxe® 23cm can only be found in a pretty pink package, now they have added some other colours such as blue, yellow and green too. Seeing this already makes me feel heaps better.



Kotex Luxe® absorbs up to 3x Faster! The all-new Kotex Luxe Ultrathin pad is the new revolutionary pad where softness and dryness comes together. The best of both worlds, a pad so comfortable that you may forget you have your period. Now you can still feel fabulous and be on top of your game even on your period days, no more compromises!

 


 ✓ New Honeycomb Liquid-locker is specially designed to rapidly absorb and lock away fluid to help prevent back-flow so that your skin feels dry and comfortable.
 

New Ultra Comfort Cover is specially designed to deliver both dryness and softness, helping provide the ultimate experience of a high performance pad. The honeycomb centre helps keep your skin dry, while the surrounding soft cottony surface helps provide
intimate care for your skin.

New Surround Lock Protector
With surrounding embossed star-contours designed to help provide you with additional security and leakage protection.

These pads makes my period feels so much better. Although they are thinner, they can absorb very well and the cottony sides makes me feel so comfortable wearing it. You will need something heavy duty if you tend to have heavy discharge especially in the first 2 days of your period this liquid locker will help you. The surround lock protector will help prevent side leakage as well, if you have the habit to toss and turn.





I placed my soft and smooth 28cm side by side with the Kotex Luxe® 32cm so that you can see the obvious difference. Other than in size and in design, you can see that Kotex Luxe® is much thinner.

No doubt having a good night's rest is especially important during your period. It is equally important to put your best foot forward and be on top of your game for your day time work and activities even on your period days. 


Don't neglect your day needs. Although I tend to use my night pads on my heavy days (usually the first 2 days of my period) due to a heavier discharge.

For the lighter days and nights, I use the
KOTEX LUXE® Ultrathin pad, Kotex Daytime - 24cm. The new revolutionary pad where softness and dryness come together.



Now I can have the best of both worlds! The shorter
KOTEX LUXE® Ultrathin pad -24cm for lighter day and night use, and the KOTEX LUXE® Ultrathin pad -32cm for heavy days and overnight use. Maybe they should be renamed as Heavy and Light, instead of Day and Night. Makes more sense using them this way?

#Tips: Some people experience menstrual cramps a few days before their actual period. I do have that so I would always keep a couple of sanitary pads in my sanitary pad pouch and slot them into my bag. I would also put on my pantyliner during those days, just in case If I were to be caught off guard. You should store some emergency pads in your office or school lockers as well. If you are unsure, it is always good to bring along 1-2 pads. 

 



Each pack of KOTEX LUXE® Ultrathin pad retails at S$5.95. 
You can find them at your local pharmacies or supermarket.

Before you buy, why not redeem a Kotex Luxe free sample on Sample Store or alternatively, you may request for a Kotex Luxe free sample on Kotex Facebook page .

Do follow Kotex Singapore on:
Kotex Singapore Facebook
Kotex Singapore Website
and check out other Kotex Luxe Singapore Reviews via Sample Store.

I hope you have gotten some useful tips reading my post.

Be Confident, be yourself!

Cheers!
Pearly



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024