Cove Hairlab Deep Cleanse Scalp Therapy Review

3/16/2020

When was the last time you had your hair or scalp checked? Your hair is important because it forms the first impression of what others have of you, when one look at your overall physical appearance. 



Cove Hairlab (by Cove Aesthetics) is designed by doctors. Depending on your hair problems, there are hair treatment programs tailored for your specific need. Each of these treatments make use of the Cove Cell Nutrition Therapy which contains polypeptides, amino acids, vitamins and antioxidants to reactivate your hair cells, restore them to a healthy state, prevent hair loss and greying of your hair. All their products are in-house and specially made to target your specific hair issues.

Cultured cells with super-charged cytokines in each vial also provides a powerful bio-signaling effect. With the combination of Cove's State of the art hair care technologies, you can expect results within 6-8 weeks into your treatment.

Types of treatments available:
1) Advanced Scalp Repair
2) Hair Growth
3) Dark Hair 




First impressions & Ambience:
I was asked to declare my health status because of the current COVID-19 situation and filled up my personal particulars before I was being brought to get my scalp checked. Cove Hairlab is resided within Cove Aesthetic Clinic but they have their designated areas for the hair treatment. It almost felt like I've stepped into a salon, just that this area was more enclosed and relaxing.

Hair Treatment Experience & Review:





As I went at a good time on a weekday, I had the whole area to myself. I had Amber, who was my hair consultant, to check on my scalp issues and Shan to follow up with my scalp treatment.
Both of them are very knowledgeable and friendly. They also made me feel very at home, making sure I wasn't feeling too cold and that I was feeling comfortable all the time.

Before Treatment/Hair Analysis & Scan
Amber shared that like our face, our scalp also undergoes exfoliation every 28 days. During this period, dead hair cells will shed and produce dead skin. This is different from dandruff. Each of our hair cells will also produce 1-3 strands of hair. As we age, the number of hair regenerating from the hair cells will reduce, become thinner (from lack of nutrients), or even turn white. I was very surprised to see a few strands of baby white hair during the scan.

When I asked about my baby hair, Amber advised that it is a good sign that I am still seeing those hair but if I could keep my scalp clean and healthier, these hairs may grow thicker. Thick hair is a sign of undamaged and good hair.

As this is my first time doing a hair treatment (non-herbal), it was an eye-opener learning about my scalp. Amber mentioned that my main hair issue is that I have a lot of dead skin cells lying on my scalp which may also be the cause of my increasing hair loss and occasional itch. She then recommended the Advanced Scalp Repair treatment to help with those issues.

During Treatment




Shan then took over with my scalp treatment, as she explained step-by-step on what she would be doing on my scalp.

(1) Oxyjet Spray
She first used an oxy-jet machine to gently blow off the dead skin and rejuvenate my scalp with oxygen. It was quite disgusting but satisfying at the same time to see dead skin cells falling off and flying all over. She explained that this is the same machine used in oxygen facials in facial salons. Shan was very meticulous as she lifted my hair part by part, repeating a sweeping motion to blow away the dead skin cells.

To be honest, I was expecting this to be over quickly but Shan was attentive to the needs of my whole bed of hair.



(2) Hair Mask Application
Hair Mask is applied on my scalp and I could feel a cooling sensation. As I was worried, I asked Shan if it was normal and she explained that because the dead skin was removed, I would naturally feel a cooling sensation, due to the hair mask. This hair mask helps to strengthen my hair and promote hair growth.



My hair was then let to sit for about 10 minutes with the mask on it.

(3) Hair Wash






It was so convenient to just turn around and walk a few steps to get my hair washed. Shan shared that the shampoo doesn't have any silicon in it so it is great for daily use. It also had a minty feel to it. Shan washed my hair with their shampoo and massaged my scalp. My scalp had never felt more relaxed than this. She was gentle but she was hitting on all the right acupoints as the warm water washed my worries away.

(4) Hair Serum




An in-house hair growth nutrition serum is then applied on my hair and I was given an acupoint scalp massage before Shan blew dry my hair with their Dyson hair dryer. She explained that they had chosen to use this brand of hair dryer as the air doesn't blow directly, so there will be less damage done to the hair.

After Treatment



Cove Hairlab will collect images of your hair scan before and after every session of your hair treatment so that you are able to track your scalp improvement. You can clearly see from the above image that my scalp is now much cleaner, pores less clogged and hair less oily.  There were significant improvements within just one session.



My hair appears much softer, silkier and rejuvenated after the treatment. Overall, I am very satisfied with the hair treatment service and would recommend you to try it for yourself. You are recommended to visit them weekly/bi-weekly if you have serious scalp issues.

Other than having your treatment done with Cove Hairlab, they have homecare products which you can purchase home to continue your treatment. Some of these products are also being used in the hair treatment.





CoveHairlab hair homecare products (4-step homecare for hair)

1) Detox - Hair Mask
2) Wash - Shampoo
3) Repair - Conditioner
4) Nutrition - Hair Serum



Thank you Amber (Lovely lady on my right) & Shan for the great hospitality as well as, Cove Hairlab & Sample Store for this treatment.


Like what you've seen? Why not try it for yourself Cove Hairlab is currently running a first trial promotion for their hair treatments.

1) Deep Cleanse Scalp Therapy $38
2) Hair Growth Program $68
3) Dark Hair Program $68

For more information about Cove Hairlab (by Cove Aesthetics):

Location:
Wheelock Place
501, Orchard Road #04-07B
Singapore 238880

Tel: (WhatsApp/Call)
+65 8299 2920


Hours:
Mon - Fri : 10AM - 8PM
Sat: 9.30AM-3.30PM
Sun & PH: Closed

Read more about them and their treatments available on their website: www.coveaesthetics.com.sg
For specific information on their hair treatments:
https://coveaesthetics.com.sg/hair/

For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:
Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW
For collaboration opportunities please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com



Disclaimer:
1) This hair treatment review is a collaboration effort with Sample Store & Cove Hairlab (by Cove Aesthetics). Thank you for your great service and hospitality.
2) All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
3) Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of the photographs used on this site.
4) Review is 100% honest and based on personal experience regardless service/products are sponsored or not.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024