Sudio Fem Review - Where Elegance meets premium sound quality with touch controls

3/06/2020

Sudio is at it again as they recently launched Sudio Fem, their latest wireless earbuds.
What comes as a surprise to many, instead of coming out with a slimmer, more portable and lighter earbud and casing compared to its predecessor the Tolv, it doesn't seem to be the case.




Sudio Fem somewhat feels more comparable to Niva as both were stored in a similar round casing. It's specs are also backward, as it has a shorter battery life, are a set of slightly heavier, bulkier earbuds and have a heavier casing compared to Sudio Tolv. Not that it matters to me since most of the time the buds are on my ears and its casing just lying somewhere in my handbag or work desk.



A notable striking difference would be the controls and design of the earbuds. Instead of a pressing motion, you notice that there are no longer buttons for you to press. This had been replaced by a futuristic touch sensor control which may be an improvement for many. I prefer to control the volume and play tracks from my music source, as it still requires some effort to remember the controls, otherwise my smart SIRI assitant can also help.

When I adjust my earbuds, my sensitive touch may tend to stop music from playing, this can be a little annoying. Perhaps Sudio can program a way where we can lock the controls on the earbuds so that we do not accidently register unwanted taps. The quick workaround is simply to hold the top and pointed areas when adjusting the buds on your ears instead of holding the center touch pads.

Automatic pairing on the other hand, seem to be quite seamless and easy via Bluetooth, be it to my mobile phone or laptop. It also replaces its charging cords with the USB-C quick charging type cables in a similar colour as it's earbuds.

What is weird though is that the battery case indicator is located within the casing, which means that you have to open the casing to check the battery indication. It would be better if this is located outside the case instead.




I did a quick search around their webstore, and I am unable to find any traces of Sudio Niva, which perhaps suggest that Sudio Fem might be an improved and replacement version of the now discontinued set. Priced at $219SGD, it also appears to be the most expensive pair of wireless earbud within the web store.

Here's a guide on the controls,


Music Controls:
To play/pause : Press the button once
For next song: Press the right button 2 times
For the previous song: Press the left button 2 times

Increase/Decrease Volume: Press right earbud 3 times to increase volume , left earbud 3times to decrease volume
To connect to Siri/Google Assistant: Hold for 1 sec
To off: Hold for 6 secs


It takes a while to familiarize myself with the controls as tapping seems to be less accurate compared to pressing as you can skip a count.

Phone Controls:

To answer call: Press the right button 1 time
To reject call: Press and hold the right button for 2 seconds

Highlights:
♪ Real clear voice: 4 environmental noise-canceling microphones
♪ IPX5 (Splash/rain/sweat proof)
♪ Touch controls on earbuds
♪ Individual earbuds, automatic pairing, connects directly with your phone

I do love the clarity of my sentimental and instrumental songs when played on the earbuds, and the noise cancelling feature as it keeps out surrounding noise especially when I commute. I am not too fussy when it comes to my earbuds so long as they don't sound too flat when the music is played.



Specifications:

♪ Playtime: up to 20 hours of battery life, 6 hours in a single charge
♪ Bluetooth version: 5.0
♪ Range: 10m
♪ Weight: 5.5g per earbud
♪ Siri & Google assistant compatible
♪ Sound signature: Graphene driver for great music
♪ Quick charging with USB-C 


Charging is relatively fast within 15 minutes, and it can last me throughout the day (when used in intervals) be it outdoors or indoors.

Sudio Fem comes with four colours:
Black, White, Classic Blue, Pink.  

I've gotten mine in pink! I absolutely adore their pastel pink when I had my Sudio Tolv, so i decided on pink again. Sudio should look into having more colours added to their collection, especially pastel shades, or even dual, triple colours. It would be good if we are able to personalize the earbuds or/and casing with our names in future too.



What's included in the pack:
Fem earbuds with 5 pairs of sleeves (Including the exisiting one on the earbuds)
Owner’s Manual
Portable Charging Case
Charging Cable
18 months international warranty for purchases from official website.


The default set of earbuds fits snuggly on my ears and are comfortable to wear. They do not feel loose or hanging and effectively keeps unwanted noises out. I can also move at ease and not be afraid that they may suddenly fall off due to my movements. 





Sudio Fem is retailing at $219 SGD with free shipping worldwide. You are encouraged to purchase this set from the official Sudio website and when you do, enter "pearlywerkz15" for 15% off your set. Get a free Sudio crossbody pouch and free gift wrapping for purchases. (While stock and promotion last). Mine came with the chinese new year red wrapper.






I love the crossbody pouch too! Although its quite small to fit anything else, I can carry loose items in them. These are nice, and fashionable touch I feel.


Or, if you are considering the other wireless earbuds, you can find my reviews of them, here:

Sudio Nivå (Not available on website)
Sudio Tre  (Not available on website)
Sudio Vasa Blå



For more information,

Do check out their Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Sudiosweden
Follow them on their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sudio/
Read more about them on their website: https://www.sudio.com/sg/



For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:
Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, and sponsorship opportunities, please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com.



Disclaimer:

1)Thank you Sudio for sending me your Sudio Fem for my review and this collaboration opportunity.
2)This review is 100% honest and based on personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024