5 Tips to find yourself a good pillow - Origin Latex Pillow Review

7/07/2020

During this Covid-19 pandemic times, I've realized that my friends are not having a healthy sleep cycle, sleeping at very irregular hours. One such reason I reckon, is that their mattress or pillow is not comfortable enough! Jokes aside.

We spent 8 hours or most of our lives sleeping, therefore it is very important to get the right type of mattress and pillow so that we'll wake up fully recharged, energized and ready to face our day's of work, minus the strain from neck and spine.

For that I would like to share with you with 5 tips which you should consider when picking up a good pillow for your high quality sleep and based on these factors, I will then review the pillow which I've received from Origin Mattress.



#1: Sleeping Position

Choose your pillow according to your sleeping position, as each type of pillow is catered to different sleeping habits. Most type of pillow in the market are catered for the back and side sleepers (most common group of people), while there are also specific types catering to tummy sleepers (worst type of sleepers) and those with certain allergies who may not be suited to a specific type of pillow.

#2: Pillow Material

By now, you should know that there are different types of pillow material in the market based on their stuffing. The most commonly found pillows have stuffing from memory foam, kapok, microfiber, buckwheat, latex, wheat, wool, bamboo to the luxurious feather, and even water!  Different pillow material also serves different purposes such as supporting additional support and stability for your head and neck, therefore they come in certain shapes and contours.

#3: Budget

Your one pillow does not last forever, and you'll find yourself having to change it up from time to time, therefore ensure that you set a side a particular budget so that you can change up your pillows when you require.

#4: Durability

You will soon realize that your pillow had lost its life, turned yellow, started to smell from stains and your perspirations, no longer feel as comfortable or fluffy and puffy or it can no longer serve its purpose due to wear and tear and you will need to change it. Certain materials are more durable with some offering you more support on your neck and spine. Experts recommend changing your pillow every 18 months - 3 years if you're using a memory foam pillow which is more hardy. Natural pillows last longer than synthetic ones and a higher quality one tends to last longer than those which are inexpensive.

One easy way to test the life of your pillow after the sight and smell test is to fold it into half and see it spring back into life.

#5: Size

Most pillows comes in a standard size, while some may have preference to a larger or longer pillow. Make sure that your pillow size is aligned with your head, neck and shoulders aligned with your spine.

If you wish to go straight to read about the best pillows in Singapore in 2020, do check out
https://bestinsingapore.com/best-comfortable-pillow-singapore-2020/ . Be sure to also read their latest articles on their best in Singapore finds, check them out on their facebook page and follow them on their instagram.




With all the above factors to consider in mind, I was provided with the Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow , which offers a responsive latex foam support, for my personal review. I am used to memory foam pillows so I'm curious to see if this latex foam pillow works for me. This is the first time I'll be trying on a latex foam pillow.




Most pillows comes with a dust bag or some straight into a plastic packaging. I liked that my Origin pillow came in an easy to carry box. These cardboard boxes are also recyclable, it beats plastic packaging anytime!



You'll get this beautiful white pillow with its machine washable tencal fabric cover on it once you unbox. There is no additional plastic packaging within the box, no unnecessary pamphlets or  additional paper linings. You can use this pillow as it is, as the pillow cover is both removable and washable. 

However, I would highly recommend you to put on another cover for hygiene purposes and because white covers tend gets dirty easily.





Once you unzip the pillow cover, you'll get another soft layer of cover on your actual foam pillow.
You can see the hole pockets on the actual latex foam. These create ventilation for constant air circulation when you sleep.



Although the pillow seems rather flat, it molds nicely to the shape of my head and gives me the necessary support on my head, neck and spine. The pillow also feels very comfortable allowing me to sleep through the night without having to flip or shift my pillow at night. 



Over the last few nights, I was able to sleep throughout till the morning without having any disturbance, or feeling heat build up on my pillow.

If there is one thing I disliked about this pillow, I would like to point out the strong latex smell from the foam pillow if you put your nose close to it. Otherwise, with my additional pillow cover I can't really smell it. The smell also gets less obvious after using it for a few days.

In sum, I liked the latex pillow as it was able to give me the support I required. This had also sparked a pillow war between my husband and I as he liked my pillow after trying it. He is considering to get the same pillow for his own use. Meanwhile, the war for the latex pillow continues at home.


Features of the Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow:

♡ Responsive Latex foam, denser compared to memory foam or fiber support that cradles your head
♡ Moulds to the shape of your head to give you the right level of sleep support
♡ Durable with hypoallergenic properties (Less prone to dust, bacteria and mould issues)
♡ Suitable for people living with allergies
♡ Long lasting, able to hold its shape for longer period of time before becoming soft/lifeless
♡ Comes with removable Tencel Fabric Pillow cover to help extend the life of the pillow
♡ Made in Germany


Benefits:
♡ Sleep safer knowing your pillow has anti-dust mites properties, hence reducing allergens and allergy attacks
♡ Enjoy a cooler sleep due to good ventilation from your pillow
♡ Have a healthier spine due to the structure of its responsive foam that provides a good support for your head and neck
♡ Helps the environment because its made from 100% natural materials



Image credits: Origin Mattress



The Origin Superior Coolmax Latex pillow can be purchased from the Origin Mattress website and sets you back by $129. (U.P $$159). There is a 30 nights trial policy so you can get your money back if you didn't like it after trying them out, but I assure you that you're gonna love it.
Origin Mattress, thank you for sending me your best selling pillow.

Have you tried a Latex pillow?
Comment and share with me, what's your type of favourite pillow.


For more information,
Find them on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/originsleep/
Follow them on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/originmattress/
Read more about them on their website: https://originmattress.com.sg/
To purchase any of the reviewed products: https://originmattress.com.sg/product/pillow/


For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:
Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW


For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, and sponsorship opportunities, please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com.

Disclaimer:
1)This article is a collaboration effort between BestinSingapore.com, Origin Sleep Pte Ltd & Pearlywerkz. Thank you for sending me your best selling pillow.
2)This review is 100% honest and based on personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024