Ergo Foam Tencel Pillow from Sigmund Home Review

11/02/2020

I am not embarrassed to admit that we already have more pillows on our bed than humans, since we want it to be as comfortable as possible as we spent 1/3 or more of our lives on them. We also change up our pillows once they get old. 

Do you know that you should be changing your pillow once every 1-2 years? If you discovered that your pillow is already out of shape, smelling bad or looking yellowish, it is about time to do so. We admit that sometimes we try to stretch beyond the time frame but we do maintain them regularly by giving them a good clean up.


Recently, I was provided with the Ergo Foam Tencel Pillow from Sigmund Home for my personal trial and review. It was interesting to note that this pillow was made from the pulp of the Eucalyptus tree, although it does not smells like the eucalyptus tree, and tencel fabric for breathability and comfort. 

Unlike our typical pillows which comes without a cover,  this pillow comes in a grey coloured cover which is similar to the colour of my sofa, the cover is removable and washable. It also came nicely lay in a dust bag and housed within a handy blue bag keeping your pillow within.

In case if you are intending to use your existing pillow cover, you may need a bigger cover as the pillow seems higher than my other pillows and does not fit into my regular pillow covers.


Features of the Ergo Foam Tencel Pillow:

♡ OEKO-TEX® CLASS 1 standards
♡ Gives you a personalized Ergonomic comfort from its shape
♡ 100% Hypoallergenic, suitable for people with sensitive nose
♡ Advanced airflow technology to stay cool throughout the night
♡ Visco-elastic cells that allows the pillow to fit perfectly to your neck and shoulders
♡ Helps you keep a straight neck for a restorative sleep
♡ Medium firm texture for comfort and support
♡ Dimensions: 60 x 40 x 12 cm


Photo of Pillow without its cover

Benefits:

♡ Due to the contour of the pillow, it encourages you to sleep on your sides and gives you maximum support for your neck and spine.
♡ As it is hypoallergenic, it minimizes allergens, bacterial and dust mites build ups on your pillow.
♡ Its tencel fabric ensures breathability for maximum comfort 

My thoughts:

As the pillow comes with a grey cover and is machine washable, I do not need any additional pillow cover for it. It does trap some amount heat when I sleep on it after awhile.  I woke up once on the first night I tried it, to turn sides, as I could feel the heat trapped beneath my neck. The second night felt better, although I could still feel the trapped heat. The third night onwards, not sure if it was due to fatigue or not, I seem to have gotten used to the pillow and it seemed to perform much better. Even though the recent few nights were cool and we only had the fan on, I could sleep really well with this pillow. I didn't wake up in the night and I didn't felt the trapping heat.

The pillow does feels firm, but is a little too stiff for my liking. It definitely raised my spine lightly if I were to sleep on my front. Sleeping on my side however, feels comfortable with adequate support to my neck and spine. While the pillow did not give me any aches the next day, I somehow would prefer a softer pillow. It would be better if the pillow would adjust to my weight.




Overall, it is an acceptable pillow, rated above average for its performance compared to regular memory foam pillows. Those who prefers a medium firm ergo memory firm pillow and which offers a good spine and neck support can consider getting this.

The Ergo Foam Tencel pillow can be purchased from the Sigmund Home website and cost you $99. (U.P $$199). There is a 120 nights sleep trial policy so you can get your money back if you didn't like it after trying them out. I personally don't think you would need so long to determine if you like the pillow. They also offer a same day delivery and 15 year warranty for their products. 

On a side note, our mattress is getting old and we're on a look out for a suitable new one, drop me an email or DM if you think you might have something for us! I do hope that my next collaboration may be a mattress or maybe a new mattress cover set? Hehe...

As always, I am grateful and thankful for all collaborations. :)


For more information,
Read more about them on their website: https://sigmundhome.com/

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, giveaways and sponsorship opportunities, or if you wish to be featured on my website, please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com.

Pearlywerkz Socials:


Disclaimer:
1)This article is a collaboration effort between Sigmund Home & Pearlywerkz. 
2)This review is 100% honest and based on personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024