Hair Straigtening and C Curls at Kudos by Headlines Hairdressing

3/01/2021

Kudos by Headlines Hairdressing - Mucota Algana Hair Straightening and C curls

Niu year new me? Nope, still the same old me but an enhanced version perhaps.  I am trying to be better each day, by learning to invest in myself more through taking care of myself. Since I only get mine trimmed once every quarter, I find that manning my hair can be quite costly and timely as I have long hair.

Happy to be able to get my tresses pampered this month and getting to spend some me-time over the past week at Kudos by headlines hairdressing. Prior to this, I had my hair trimmed last year at a neighborhood salon nearer to home, just before Christmas. 

About Kudos by Headlines Hairdressing:

This newly opened hair salon, is located in Hong Lim Complex, Chinatown. It is headed by Gary Lee who brings with him 11 years of trade history. Working alongside him is Ken Chang, a knowledgeable, approachable and friendly hairdresser whom most influencers may be familiar with.

My service experience:

After making an appointment with the hair salon for the hair treatment, I was advised that the Mucota Algana Hair straightening treatment would take about 3.5 hours, hence I decided to drop in only after lunch hours. Do note that this treatment may not be suitable for those with bleached hair, you will understand why in awhile. If you also decide to have some curls, do add on about another hour.

The interior of the hair salon appears to be bright, airy, well-lit, clean and spacious, probably due to me dropping in after the "Chinese New Year" peak time. I was the only customer while I was there, and I was serviced by Ken and his 2 other assistants.


After my hair was shampoo and washed, Ken gave me a slight trim on my hair. We proceeded with the Mucota Algana Hair Straightening treatment after that. He also asked for my preference if I wanted a fully straightened hair, or if I could also choose to have some C curls towards the bottom end of my hair, which I preferred. The level of curls would also go according with the length of your hair. He assured me that the curls would be easy to maintain.

Ken was very knowledgeable and patient to explain to me that this treatment is not only gentle to the scalp as it contains a good PH balance, compared to the famous Keratin treatment which would suit those with a bleached hair better, and they would also see better effects. The Mucota Algana Hair Straightening treatment on the other hand, would be milder and gentler compared to the Keratin treatment. 

Keratin treatment is also suited more for the Caucasian hair colour and climate/temperatures, whereas Mucota Algana treatment is specially created for the Asian market due to the Japanese being strict in the formulation of their ingredients which made the treatment very gentle and relatively harmless.  

He also mentioned that due to the nature of my hair, the Mucota Algana would work well, probably lasting me 5-6 months as compared to someone with a damaged or regularly dyed hair, the treatment will last them only 3-4 months.


Benefits of Algana Hair Straightening includes:

- Hair feels softer
- Less frizzy
- More volume in hair, bouncier
- No harsh chemicals are used, gentler
- Less damaging for hair compared to other chemical treatments
- Little/no smell 
- Last up to 6 months or longer
- Safe for use even on pregnant ladies


After application of the Algana treatment, my hair was left to rest and rinsed again before it was being "ironed" out by a flat iron. The process pretty much ends here if you are going for a full straightening experience. But as I opted for C curls. There was 1 more step.


The curling process. Which Ken also explained there were different types of curls depending on the length of your hair, and the method used. Hot or cold curling.

To show you a comparison, here are the before and after photos.

(Back View)

I am loving my curls and the after effects! My hair looked bouncier with more volume and are less limp now. It is also relatively easy to manage. So far I had been diligent and blowing dry them each time after I wash. 

If you are keen in trying out the treatment, look for Ken at Kudos by Headlines Hairdressing! They are having a promotion this March on their hair treatment, hair colouring and little forest home care products, so you don't wanna miss it. 

Overall I liked the service which they had provided especially when Ken shared his knowledge with me. He even shared with me tips to maintain my curls and how to go about styling them. Kudos to Ken!

(Side View)

(Front View)

Do you prefer my hair before or after the treatment? Hope to be back to try out some other services soon!

Kudos by headlines hairdressing Location:

531, Upper Cross Street, #02-08
Hong Lim Complex
Singapore 050531
Chinatown

Tel:
6223 3133

Social media:
FB | IG 

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, giveaways and sponsorship opportunities, 
please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com.



Disclaimer:
1)This article is a collaboration effort between Kudos by Headlines Hairdressing & Pearlywerkz.
2)This review is 100% honest and based on my personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearly Tan of Pearlywerkz, unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my/our photos and use them as your own without asking for permission.
5)Please refrain from plagiarism in anyway as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024