Review: LUMOS TEMPO earbuds

6/13/2022

With back to office and life resuming to normal after Covid19, most of us will be needing some peaceful moments when we commute and while at work. I guess we probably still have to get used to adjusting ourselves to socializing, after getting used to working from home and being in our "caves" for awhile. If you agree with me, then you'll probably find the following device offering you some comfort.

Personally, I appreciate a quiet time when I work. I am not a fan of environmental noises and unnecessary chit chats, so  I will either loop music on my speakers when I am working alone, or make use of a pair of earbuds if I need to concentrate and be more discreet. LUMOS TEMPO earbuds - The best sounding premium wireless earbuds are my best companion during times like this. 

I have heard of LUMOS mostly for raving reviews of their projectors, but for earbuds, this is the first! I was therefore super excited to try them!  

First impressions on LUMOS TEMPO earbuds:

I appreciate that they are true wireless earbuds which came with a wireless earbud charging casing. It has a nice hold with a charge light indicator on the casing and hard reset button at the back for reconnection. Currently there is only 1 colour available, a soft pastel shade of grey which is pleasant looking.  I do however find that the earbuds in the casing were a little huge, as I have rather small ears. On the other hand, this also means that it was easier to take them out of the case and I will not have problems of  these earbuds falling out of my ears, as they had a better hold. Placing them back into the casing was also easy due to the magnetic tips.

Usage experience:

I was so excited to try the earbuds that I put them on right after charging them for a brief moment. Connecting them to my iPhone/Samsung phone was relatively easy and didn't take me long . I have also tried connecting them to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet and found them easy to connect. Connecting them via my laptop was a little tricky as it failed to detect them automatically, and I had to manually add them via my bluetooth function.

I then left my music source in my work room (located in the center of the house), and started walking around. The connectivity didn't drop as I was walking everywhere. When I played the music through my Spotify app on my tab and phone, the songs continued to play even when I was in my bathroom, even with my doors closed, quite impressive. Connection did dropped a few times when I tried to play music off my laptop's YouTube app thou, but I managed to get them back.


I love that they come with Superior Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) features that are able to cancel out noises around the house especially with my neighbor's constant renovation going on, giving me some peaceful moments while I looped my Mando pop on my phone and concentrate on my work at hand. Compared to normal earbuds, these earbuds can cancel up to 42db, while the average in the industry is at only 30db. Not only that, they were able to offer me a relatively good, premium quality sounds and music via their Trinity360 sound technology. Switching back to ambient mode occasionally was easy with just 2 taps of the earbuds. They allow me switch back easily, to monitor what is going on at home, so that I can immediately reach out to my family members when I am required without having the need to remove my earbuds.

All you need is a 2 hours charge for your casing and 1 hour for solely the earbuds and they'll last you a good day without having to re-charge. 

Although I seldom used my earbuds for taking calls, I do appreciate that they have 6 mics instead of the traditional ones which had only 4 and was difficult to pick up my voice. I've tried to take a call using this while having my Spotify music playing in the background and it was able to take the call and automatically paused the music. Music resumed as soon as the call ended. We were able to hear each other well. I tried to leave my phone in my room while on the conversation, and it worked well within a short distance. The quality of the call was pretty acceptable.

What's in the package:

✔ A set of earbuds in casing with 1 set of default earbuds sleeves
✔ 2 pairs of additional earbud sleeves in different sizing
✔ 1x charging cable
✔ 1x User Guide
✔ 1x 5 Tips card

Touch key controls:
Toggle between Active Noise Cancelling/Ambient mode by tapping right earbuds twice
Pause/play : Tap right ear bud once
Next : hold right earbud >2secs
Replay/back :  Hold left earbud for >2secs
Music/Game Mode: Tap left earbud twice


Quick Summary of key features:

✔ Superior Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) - Blocks off fussy noises
✔ Richest Trinity360 Sound Quality - Brings out well rounded, true sounds and music
✔ 30 Hour Battery Life - Less recharging required
✔ 2 hours charge for case, 1 hour for earbuds 
✔ Operates by Touch control , taps on earbuds
✔ High Definition (HD) 6 mic calling - 6 mics (3 on each sides) vs traditional 4 mics in the market for clearer voice calls 
✔ Transparency mode & Ambient -  Amplify sounds around you without needing to take off your earbuds
✔ Sweat and water resistant IPX5 - Great wearing for outdoor exercise and outdoor workouts
✔ Bluetooth 5.2 technology - Better compatibility with devices & seamless connectivity

Pricing & Availability:

The LUMOS TEMPO Wireless Earbuds are affordably priced at only S$179.  It comes with a 1-year local warranty and in light grey. It is now available for purchase from LUMOS via their website. The company currently only ships in Singapore & Malaysia.


Final Thoughts:

Overall I do like this set of earbuds and foresee myself reaching out to them quite often. They have met my needs of playing premium quality sounds. In terms of usability and aesthetics, they fare quite well. I loved that they are a local brand too! #supportlocalsg  


For more information:
Click on the link to find out more about the LUMOS TEMPO earbuds on their website.


For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels: Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, and sponsorship opportunities, please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com.


Disclaimer:
1)This article is a collaboration effort between LUMOS & Pearlywerkz. Thank you for the collaboration opportunity.
2)This review is 100% honest and based on my personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024