Sudio Elva and Sudio Fly G Review - Your smart travelling companion

9/10/2020

Sudio is about to release their latest Sudio Elva neckband wireless earphones! If you haven't already heard of them, Sudio Elva comes packaged with Sudio Fly G, a travel audio transmitter adaptor, which allows you to connect any of your Bluetooth earphones, to a non Bluetooth device with at least a 3.5mm earphone jack, especially so, when you are on a plane. 

How cool does it sound? Speaking of which, most of us are now stuck at home and have to shelf our travelling plans. So, I will base this review on my home trial, using them for/while at work and during my leisure music listening activities.

Click on my youtube video for the unboxing of this new earphone, or read on as I share more about them!

First Impressions


As always, I like their sleek packaging, coming in a drawer box, with everything nicely and neatly packaged in them, so that allows me to stow everything away nicely.



The actual earphones however, appears to be too chunky for my liking, mostly due to their dangling neckband wires. Sudio had long deserted their wires in their earphones and gone true wireless, so I was rather surprised, and taken aback, to see these dangling wires making a comeback. I also spotted these cute small magnetic nodes which helped keep both my earphones together, which can be helpful if you're hanging them over your neck.


Revealing the contents within the Sudio drawer box. They have also gifted me a Sudio cardholder along with these PR earphones.


Revealing the contents within the Sudio drawer box, underneath the earphones, spot Sudio Fly G.

This makes keeping the earphones quite a hassle as well, since the only place I could now keep them was back in the box or leave them hanging somewhere on my work desk. 

It's strong U shaped wires on the other hand, makes hanging these earphones around my neck comfortable and hanging on hard surfaces possible. My husband who tried it on the other hand, found it too heavy and didn't like the feel of these earphones.


Highlights:
♪ Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) 
♪ Bluetooth Flight Adapter (inclusive in package)
♪ IPX5 water protection (Splash/rain/sweat proof)
♪ Voice Assistance
♪ Nintendo Switch gaming compatible

Pairing on my
iPhone & working laptop was a seamless affair with auto pairing function, and since it comes with ANC (which can be activated or deactivated by pressing on the middle button quickly twice), it kept me away from unnecessary distractions, so that I could fully concentrate on my work. 

Having to walk away from my music source occasionally, did not deterred my music from playing as well due to 10m Bluetooth range. I could walk around the house without having to be near my music source. Do note that activating the ANC would also increase the volume of your music slightly.

I love the music and is happy with the sound quality from these Sudio Elva earphones. I use them mostly when I watch my Chinese drama, when I am away from work, or to play some soothing songs on youtube, while I am working on my desk.

I feel that the Sudio Elva is a good companion for jogs and other light exercises in the park or gym as well since the U shape neckband allows you to anchor the neckband earphones comfortably on your neck as you exercise. 

This is also particularly good for those whom are seeking for a wireless earphone but afraid of sudden fall outs, or to lose their earbuds while they are engrossed with their activities.

 

Sudio Elva can be detached to charge. It doesn't have the regular charging ports at the sides.

Specifications:
♪ Playtime: 11 hours of play time for music, 10 hours with ANC & with music
♪ Battery Life: 15mins quick charge for 1 hour of playtime
♪ Bluetooth version: 5.0
♪ Bluetooth Range: 10m
♪ USB-C type wiring cables

With 5 additional pairs of earbuds in place, I'm sure you'll find the perfect fit. Sizes ranged from XXS to L. Using the perfectly fitted earbuds ensures perfect noise cancellation and comfort for your ears.


I was gifted with the black Sudio Elva, along with the cardholder for the purpose of this review.

What's included in the pack:
♪ Elva earbuds with 6 pairs of sleeves (Including the existing one on the earbuds)
♪ Owner’s Manual
♪ Charging Cable
♪ 12 months international warranty for purchases from official website. + 6 months if registered with Sudio Sphere

* Join Sudio sphere at sudio.com/sphere to receive an extended warranty to 18 months.

At this moment if you are wondering about when you can be using Fly G, and under what scenario you'll be using them, read on.



The purpose of Sudio Fly G (a travel audio transmitter adaptor with 2 3.5mm earphone jack) allows you to connect a non Bluetooth music device with at least a 3.5mm jack, to any wireless headphones. It has a battery life on its own, and requires to be charged using a USB-C type cable (included in the pack). Do note that it doesn't charge any of your devices.  

Please be reminded to fully charge them before you use them to ensure that you get to use them up to an optimum 12 hours. This is sufficient for most flights around the region, more than the length of a typical 2-3 hour movie.

Sudio Fly G 
♪ Bluetooth version: 5.0 
♪ Bluetooth Range: 10m
♪ Battery Life: up to 12 hours (2 hrs charging time)
♪ USB-C type wiring cables

It is quite easy to pair Sudio Fly G to my Sudio Elva after learning the steps to do it, and understanding about the device. You can basically pair your wireless headphones to Sudio Fly G, then plug Fly G to your source (with at least a 3.5mm audio jack) and you are ready to use them. This works for most, if not all in-flight, laptops, media devices, gym machines, home/hotel TV as well.

Sudio Fly G is great for pairing these older devices, or in places where they are unable to have Bluetooth enabled devices due to certain restrictions, you'll find this travel audio transmitter adaptor really handy. 

In summary, although Sudio Elva and Sudio Fly G are packaged together, they can be used separately if desired. Sudio Elva is great for both indoor and outdoor use and has a comfortable neckband who doesn't mind it's dangling wires. Sudio Fly G on the other hand, allows you to be connected via Bluetooth to your music devices which do not have inbuild Bluetooth technology in them but has a 3.5mm earphone jack. Both are great and since they are packaged together, why not give them both a try if your budget allows. 

Sudio Elva & Sudio Fly G, is launching on September 14. You are encouraged to purchase this set from the official Sudio website and when you do, enter "wireless15" for 15% off your set. This discount code is also available on all other products on their site regardless in Singapore or worldwide. Sudio Elva currently comes packaged with Sudio Fly G so you don't want to miss this great deal.


Or, if you are considering the other wireless earbuds by Sudio, why not check out my reviews of their other models, before you consider which to purchase?
Sudio Fem
Sudio Tolv
Sudio Nivå (Not available on website)
Sudio Tre   (Not available on website)
Sudio Vasa Blå



For more information,

Do check out their Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Sudiosweden
Follow them on their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sudio/
Read more about them on their website: https://www.sudio.com/sg/

For more snippets of me, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food and product reviews do follow me on my social channels:

Pearlywerkz FB | Pearlywerkz IG | Pearlywerkz WWW | Pearlywerkz Youtube

For collaboration, feedback, media coverage, and sponsorship opportunities, please email me at: pearlywerkz@outlook.com.



Disclaimer:

1)Thank you Sudio for sending me your Sudio Elva & Sudio Fly G for my review and this collaboration opportunity.
2)This review is 100% honest and based on personal experience.
3)All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz unless otherwise credited.
4)Please do not take my photos and use them as your own.
5)Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize any of my photographs.
6)Please refrain from plagiarism as it is not ethical.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024